Hides

MC

hi martin

i use the poles that uk shootwarehouse sell, these are adjustable and strong but also lightweight. i started out with some iron poles that i had made but these were just too heavy. as far as hide netting goes i use a mixture of ex mod nets and realtree blind material, i have a desert net for this time of year that works well but the rest of the year i use brown and green nets. if you can use a tree or hedgerow as a natural hide then do so as these are the best hides you can get ! but otherwise this is what i would use

happy hunting !

sam

You can't go wrong with "ex MOD" Cammo nets, I have used them for years against all kinds of cover, they last for ever. :thumbs:

My only comment on hide poles, is don't get the twist lock adjusting type, even if they are so called "improved".

The nylon type washer thingy, wears out quickly, with repeated use.

Of course you can always buy replacement washer thingys, if you want. B)

The first mistake I made was to buy hide poles WITHOUT kickers!! WRONG!! :<

Many moons ago I made my hide poles from conduit, with kickers. Drape some ex MOD tank netting over them, (if you could lift it!!) and Bob`s your aunt`s husband. Happy days, before pigeon magnets etc. were ever thought of. :thumbs:

Deako, I mean the type of adjustment/locking system that is on the Pinewood Hide Poles.

This is decribed as "twist/locking", I believe.

You pull the pole up to the required height, twist the pole and it locks.

Well, it does..........................until the little nylon thingy (with minimal adjustment) wears out. B)

I prefer the basic ones with the basic screw in locking facility, similar to the bank sticks used when fishing. :thumbs:

Hi Martin,

i bought some of those fibreglass tent poles that you thread elastic through, used for the igloo type tents. Use enough for the length of net you are using to make a semicircle, then thread the poles through the net and use cable ties to fasten titely to the poles (i put 1 at the end of each section). to hold the hide up i use an extendable alluminium rod rest used for fishing, if you against a hedge or such like you just poke te ends of the poles into the hedge and use the pole in the centre and ujust the hight to suit. if there is nothing behind you i use 2 more poles and some field cord tied at each end to hold it in place.

When you have finished using it you just collapse and roll it up. It only takes me about 5 minutes to put the hide up.

I will try and post some ****** tomorow B) :lol: :*)

Oh AND BY THE WAY THEY ONLY COST ME £7 :thumbs: