Last day nerves

Guest rimotu66

Guest rimotu66

Its our last shoot tomorrow and am already a bag of nerves, this has been my 1st season as a syndicate member and its been a bit up and down for me. I have had a few great days where Ive hit 70%+ of the birds Ive gone for but the last couple of shoots have been awefull. I just seem to lose composure when the birds are coming at me which I put down to nerves as I have never had this problem when out on my own rough shooting.

Am I on my own on this or has anyone had a similar year?

I do feel bad for the other guns as I have kept the average down over the season, and its frustrating for me as I know I can shoot better. I have spoke to some of the other guns and they are supportive and I have been told that I will be invited back next year...

Any thoughts guys?

Just remember your not there to IMPRESS, You joined the syndicate because its your hobby/sport and you love it.

I used to worry about what others thought, if i had an off day, but after a while i realised, it dose'nt matter how i shoot on the day

ie really well or not so good, when i get home i always have a smile on my face, if its a good day shooting its a bonus, if im a bit off the mark

ive spent a great day out with some great mates and had a good banter. Try and always remeber " i'm hear to enjoy myself" not get selected for the

england squad. Have a GREAT day Bud and ENJOY :good::hmm::hmm:

A bit of advice I was given with regards to shooting pheasants was "you have got to shoot pheasants like you really mean it" which I took as you need a strong aggressive swing through the bird. A measured, thought out shot in my case generally misses. Don't think, focus on the bird, push well infront with a good powerful swing and squeeze the trigger when there is plenty of daylight between the bird and the end of the barrel.

hope u had a good day mate.its just normal to feel nervous,i shud know :blink: u feel like everybodys looking at you.when if the truth be

known they are feeling the same way.and as nervous ,so just relax and enjoy the day.you can only do your best,thats all anybody can ask.

atb

alan

Guest rimotu66

Ive just got in from our last driven day and I had no need to worry...........I only shot 1 shell all day :) Not sure where all the birds have gone but it has been very very wet here the last few days.

Ryan, its a small syndicate shoot at Grainthorpe, roll on next season.... :good: