gun cabinet placement

eric parker

Hi guys, I'm fitting my cabinet at the moment but i dont want to have to move it! Thing is does it have to be an internal wall? My position is in an upstairs bedroom, inside a closet, and bolted to the rear wall (which happens to be an outside wall) if i attach it to the internal wall next to it the door will open the wrong way!

Hope this makes sense, cheers for the help guys.

I think you've got it the worng way round! You need an external wall.

The reason external walls are often chosen is that they're normally load bearing and made from concrete block and generally hold rawl bolts nice & firm.Internal walls (like betweeen rooms) are sometimes made from softer lightweight blocks like thermalite which can be a bit crumbly to say the least.

External wall mate. The bolts hold a lot better. And heaven forbid some one should break in to your property, the cabinate has far less chance of being pulled, wrenched off an internal wall. As above post has stated, their some times made of softer material blocks/ bricks and have more chance of being knocked thru from behind the cabinate.

All best gareth :good:

There is only one person can answer this question for you, your FEO, give him/her a ring and ask.

My cabinet is on an internal wall but that doesnt mean your FEO will pass it for you.

They are there to help and if you ask advice he will tell you what he will allow as he is the only person that needs to be satisfied. <_<

Guest shalfordninja

just go easy when drilling into the internall wall, they're not as think as you think as I found when I went right though from the spare bedroom into my wife and I's :good:

It now on an external wall :oops: