Pigeon flapper

claybreaker88

Hi all like a few tips for the pigeon flapper thinking of purchasing one or maybe two firstly can they be used in conjuction with the rotary with success I am currently shooting over rape which is at its early stages and would like to hear from anyone who has had a good day wuth the flapper,also the timer setting between flaps or leave it on all day. Thanks

CB88, I highly recommend the one marketed by the UK Shootwarehouse, Comes with a battery and aint let me down yet. Suggest you contact Will Beasley on this site. He is allways helpfull.

Just remember to break the wings before you set the pigeon :rolleyes:

I can't believe no one else replied to your post :o

LB :rolleyes:

I have a timer and also the remote, the remote is better but you range is not too good as your flapper has to be within 20 yrds of your hide ,what i would do now if i would have known before i bought one is to run a long wire back to your hide and have it on a flick switch very easy to rig up :lol: if i have to spend more money to get more shots at pigeon so be it :lol:

Edited by ernyha

Just bought one from Decoying UK, rigged it up to 30 yds of wire and put a foot pedal for operation. Was a bit surprised at how noisy it is and also not that impressed with the build quality. One on the arms drops about 2in lower then the other, I have tryed bending it to match the other one but problem seems to be in the mechanism. Have a pinewood magnet which is excellent quality. Does anyone know if the ############## flapper is shower proof or will I have to go running out from the hide if a drop of rain falls.

Gary mate,

If its one of Deeko's Flappers(metal one) than i am supprised that you are not happy with it ,I am sure if there is a problem a quick phone call to him will put it right.

I bought one off him when they first came out and its still as good as the day i got it.

I have used it at least twice a week since i bought it.

No problems with rain/snow/noise etc they just keep going.

imho ,they beat the magnets hands down for "pull ability" (did i just start a forum debate lol)

anyway give ol Deeko a bell, he will sort you out, i am sure.

Regards sutty :D

I have a ############## flapper, I haven't used it as much as sutty, but I have never had any problems with it.

I can't really understand where the excessive noise could come from.

It whirrs a bit, but I wouldn't call it noisy.

If an arm is bent as well, perhaps something horrible happened to it in transit.

Contact them, I'm sure they will sort it out. :D

sutty you may have started another topic with me. As yet I need to be convinced that I really need a rotary but I may get one in the next week or so. Do you use a rotary and a flapper or just the flapper?

My reason for getting one is the large acreage of OSR I`m looking after and I hope to persuade birds that my pattern is the place to be. I`ve got an open mind on the subject and would be obliged for any opinions both for and against.

Invector, we are only pigeon shooting about 3 yrs. The first two yrs we did the whole shell and bouncer thing, we had some good bags and some **** ones. The best we did was 204 in perfect condidtions August 2004, there were about 600-700 birds in the area that day. We got a magnet over the winter (pinewood ultralight) and this year we have had five 200+ days and we have only been out 7 times, the days we missed the 200 we had 117 and 98. To us the magnet has made a huge difference, we are decoying in the south of Ireland were granted there is little or no pigeon shooting happening but at the same time we have shot nearly 4 times the birds we shot last year. As I said above I have just bought a flapper and I will continue to buy and try any device that will give us bigger bags. The area we shot is about 125miles away so we need to make the most of our trips and any advantage I can get I will use. I am interested in getting your views on not getting a magnet or flapper, to be honest we nearly **** ourselves when we seen how effective it was.

Invector mate,

I just use a Flapper, 2 floaters and a dozen shells.

I have used a magnet but have never done any good with them, prob down to me but who knows.

You may never know untill you try one.

Have a chat with others in your area before you shell out good money for one.

Regards Sutty :)