MORNING FOX

Frank

nice shooting frank.....i asked the lads about ammo for foxes...they all reload there own..its just trial and error until they find the right one for the guns they are using and the distances involved....there are three of them and they all prefer different bullets...if you reload i will get you some specific info from each of them.

Nice work Frank!

I couldn't get any more 50Grn Sako's so I bought a few booxes of 55's on Saturday. I am off to the range this weekend to try it at 100 and hopefully 200yrds as well. I have a bucket load of American Eagle 62Grn FMJ's but I have a feeling they will be too heavy to get reliable results, but cheap enough for some initial zeroing (I have new scope/mount setup so I need to start from scratch) If they are no good I can use them up in my mates AR15 if he brings it :rolleyes:

Thanks Stuart. I too use cheap ammo to get on paper, Remington 55 grain FMJ UMC ammo. Surprisingly, it groups half an inch at a 100. Its great for practice too. :rolleyes:

Id say you will have fun with your mates AR. :rolleyes:

Let us know how you get on with the 55 grain Sako mate. :o

Edited by Frank

B) I see what you mean.

Well, this time of the year, i dont usually bother with the bush or skins, until around the end of November, begining of December, when the pelts and bushes are at their best.

I find soaking them in allum, after taking all the flesh off and streching to dry works well.

Rubing salt into it too is good.

Their is a Furier not too far from me that takes whole december foxes,( not skined) if in good nick and pays me 20 to 30 euros per fox. :lol:

The price of fur, in this country anyhow, seems to be on the rise. I just make the odd bob for ammo, petrol, ect.

Their is fellas i know that lamp nearly every night, from start of December to middle of january and make a decent sideline income from it.

Edited by Frank

hi frank i use eley subs in .22 fedreal or hornady in.17 sako 50gr soft point in .222 and winchester 95gr silver ballistic tip in .243 B) saying about the sako rounds i took a fox and 240yds 2nd trip out with .222 and it didnt get up and thanx to wabbitbosher expert lamping had some good ones with .243 aswell

Edited by PITBULL

Good shooting Pitbull. B) 240yds is a long shot on the lamp, but as you said, you had Wabbitboshers expert help, sounds like a good team.

I am going to get some Sako 50 grain at the weekend to try out as i have only tryd out the 55 grain sako so far in my .223.

Plenty of foxes about my area, so should do well this year. :lol:

As long as i do my part. :lol:

hi frank i use eley subs in .22 fedreal or hornady in.17 sako 50gr soft point in .222 and winchester 95gr silver ballistic tip in .243 B) saying about the sako rounds i took a fox and 240yds 2nd trip out with .222 and it didnt get up and thanx to wabbitbosher expert lamping had some good ones with .243 aswell

Just call me Mr. Squeeeeeek k k k

WB

I have noticed so far with the .223, that the exit holes are not too bad. Depends if the bullet hits bone or not.

Im at present using, Sako 55 grain SP factory ammo.

I have shot 7 foxes so far with it, but dont bother keeping the pelts, if not too badly damaged, till December.

I dont really go in to it in a big way, just the odd fox gets sold here and their to cover my petrol and ammo expenses. B)