Aftermarket Chokes

Guest shalfordninja

Guest shalfordninja

I've bought a second hand Benelli Mancino recently for a knock down price. :yes: One of the reasons it was cheap was that it only came with one choke. Which looking at it is a bot too tight for most of the shooting I do. I think its got 3 marks in it indicating the size. Comparing it to my beretta chokes I think is probabily the 'modified' size.

Anyway I wanted to get some more open chokes as I shoot clays with it and quite a few pigeons. I called Benelli's uk distributor, GMK, to buy some chokes directly. I was told that I cant buy them direct from the distrbutor and that I'd need to buy them from a shop. I contacted the nearest GMK outlet and ordered the chokes, on the 19th September!! I've given up waiting to get genuine Benelli chokes.

I've heard that Teague make aftermarket chokes does anyone have any experience of them and if so where's the best place to get them. If not Teague can anyone reccomend alternatives?

Thanks

Alright mate.

You will be able to get a niumber of different types of aftermarket chokes to fit ya benelli and in my opinion some will be better than the standard ones.

I have a benelli m1 and use teague external ported chokes. They normally about 45quid and seem to do the trick. They make different ones for different guns. ie the threads and lengths are of different fit for particular makes/ models. I think your benelli might have a different choke system to mine

Your best bet would be to ring round a few shops close to you and ask if they have a teague to fit your benelli. If not you will be able to find one on the net. I got mine from Northallerton gun shop

Good luck :yes:

Edited by Benellimelody

I dont think they do, but someone might correct me on this. Where are the threads on the optimas? Most ov the newer benellis chokes have threads half way down if you know wat i mean (i think lol)

Don't know what goes in the Benelli but Beretta fit the Mobil choke, and at least 2 different types of Optima as well, it's a real pain in the backside!!

As far as I know Benelli chokes are either Crio or not and the threads are in a different place. Crio chokes have the threads half way down, whilst the others have them near the top.

I came unstuck on this point, and bought one of those Truglo Titan variable chokes whilst out in the USA. My M2 uses Crio chokes and this thing will not fit!

I'll get round to putting in in the sales section of of these days...

I've bought a second hand Benelli Mancino recently for a knock down price. :drinks: One of the reasons it was cheap was that it only came with one choke. Which looking at it is a bot too tight for most of the shooting I do. I think its got 3 marks in it indicating the size. Comparing it to my beretta chokes I think is probabily the 'modified' size.

Anyway I wanted to get some more open chokes as I shoot clays with it and quite a few pigeons.

Thanks

I think you will find that generally the notches indicate, 1 for full choke,2... 3/4, 3...1/2, 4...1/4. 5...skeet. Tight to open in that order.

Therefore yours with 3 notches is prob 1/2 choke which is a pretty good allround choking. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. I have just gone from a 3 notch (1/2) to a 2 notch (3/4) on my Urika with a great improvement in the kill ratio.

ATB