Air rifle pumps!

Ferret Master

Hi,

I have got a AAS410k .22 for my birthday and am going to buy a pump for it because I don't want all the hassle that comes with a big diving bottle. Which pump do people use and which pump do people find most reliable?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies :lol: B)

FM :lol:

P.S Do pumps with a dry pack on them cause rust in the tank?

Edited by Ferret Master

this is the sort of question that could be up there with the .177 or .22 debate LOL most people would have only tried one pump, me i have tried several and would have to go for the webley pump every time.

ROB B)

PS yes the dry pac will make a difference, will you notice this difference? whos to say.

I'm new to pcp, and I bought a second hand Hill's pump. It's the only one I've dealt with, but it seems excellent to me, and frankly, I don't know why people complain about the effort of pumping up a rifle. Work is good for you, and there's nowt to stop yopu taking a breather if you want. I got mine for £70.

A near death experience filling the RWS bottle.

LB

what happend to the RWS bottle? that sounds a bit freaky!!

or are you meaning you nearly died from exhaustion B)

I had a mild heart 'moment' Collapsed, went white and was only brought around by a tin of Guiness.

LB

Lol i think will be avoiding such pumps

AVOIDING!!!!!!

I'd quite pump everybodies rifle if I got a Guiness afterwards!

Lol i might hold you to that!! ,So out of curiosity, How many strokes is usualy required to fill a Full size Pcp air tank? , and just how much effort is it to compress each stroke?

A near death experience filling the RWS bottle.

LB

what happend to the RWS bottle? that sounds a bit freaky!!

or are you meaning you nearly died from exhaustion ???

I had a mild heart 'moment' Collapsed, went white and was only brought around by a tin of Guiness.

LB

Lol i think will be avoiding such pumps

Its not the pump, its the capacity. My RWS lets off 500 on average so you can imagine the about of work involved using a stirrup pump!

LB

Hi FM,just read your p.s. a dry pack is supposed to remove moisture from the air ,therefore preventing rust ;) .The hills pumps fine,just take it steady as pumping to fast creates friction ,which will wear out the inner seals ;) .http://www.airriflepump.com//index.asp .If you hav'nt already checked it out.

Mordeeb ???