I've found some pigeon shooting

gyp

you need to know is there any one else shooting on his land would be a shame if you turn up on saturday and some one else was shooting on friday :lol:

i personaly wouldnt pay £25.00 .but if you can get a foot in the door and show him your trust worthy and reliable it might change his mind then £25.00 would be worth it

as b4 i would use the money to drive round and knock on doors you just never know good luck :beer:

Guest cookoff013
£25 a day? think i'd go claying......that's 100 sporting or 5 skeet,sportrap...ect.

and you can guarantee shooting :lol: :o :o

I wouldn't pay for shooting, we're doing them a favour...

Robbly

25 bucks pays for 100 clays atleast.

Should i pay for pigeon shooting £25 per day per gun?

I'm not sure it feels right paying the farmer to get ride of his pests?

What do you think?

As a paid up member of NPPC i believe that i've already paid for my shooting. But anyway a mate of mine was out shooting the other day and encountered the farmer on whose land he was shooting. After polite conversation the farmer was dismayed to find out that my mate was being charged( the £150.00 annual fee ), for shooting on his land. He thought that all members of the NPPC were shooting free of charge and couldn't believe that we paid for the privalage.

Anyway, if i was guarenteed sport all day i might pay the daily rate but as other members have already pointed out you are guarenteed to get some action if you go to a clay ground for the same money. Another chap i know has driven over 1,000 miles since December to shoot, spent god knows how much on diesel, and has not even fired a shot in anger on some days, so tell him that he should pay for a days shooting.

Amazing isn’t it how the biggest problem faced by people on here is getting land to shoot on, you’ve only to read the sob stories or read the shooting wanted posts to know getting land to shoot on is very very difficult (for most). Yet almost without fail posters on here will say ‘don’t pay’ usually ones with plenty of shooting permission (and probably the ones least likely to share it). :lol:

I agree with you but I have found there is no lack of permissions to be had in my area .

But the main reason shooters struggle to find permission is lack of trust from the landowners and shooter not moving in the right ciclres eg like the farming lifestyle.

You cant expect a total stranger to rock up on your door and get instant shooting rights without puttin some time put in.

And if you dont want to put the time in then pay for it no problems but it no good shooters moaning about lack of shooting if they dont put some effort into it.

And sometimes this does mean knocking on farmers doors .

But the sad fact is alot of shooter dont want to put the effort into securing shooting rights.

I have pickup alot of shooting due to other failing to turn up .

Share it well thats up to each us to make our own minds up on , I like to share but only with a select trustworth few.

Regards OTH

Spend your money on fuel and use the day to drive around knocking on doors :good: . Let the pigeons eat his rape :good: !!!!

Well said. Why not try one or two of his neighbours they might need someone to get rit of pigeons on there OSR. Keep doing the rounds and soon you will get some pigeon shooting.

all the best

Sundodger

This strikes me as similar to the debate about commercial fisheries. Paying for a days fishing when you might not catch anything. Yet people do it all the time. Of course I realise there is no pest control issue on such fisheries, except maybe culling of predatory species on trout lakes, which is a whole other can of worms.

I think we've got to consider whether or not the average farmer views pigeon shooting as a beneficial service. Quite a few farmers I have spoken to throughout the past year, have made a point of saying they do not believe they have a particular problem with pigeons. I believe, if they did have a problem, they'd never even think about charging someone to shoot, possibly the reverse, so any that try to perhaps know for a fact that the shooting would be poor.

Im a strong believer that country pursuits where ever possible, should be free of charge. Im a realist and I know this will never happen, but I hope one day that some sections of our national parks can open for shooting. It would be nice to return to the image of the country gentleman out for a walk with his dog and shotgun, viewed not with suspicion, but with respect for his regard for the countryside and the animals within it. Im sure there are members here old enough to remember when this was the case.