Trigger tuning on CZ 452 AMERICAN

SSS

I'm sure I saw a thread on here not so long ago but cant find it.

I want to tune the trigger on my CZ .22lr and make it a bit lighter.

It isn't too bad now and it breaks nicely but I find I am pulling the rifle slightly to the right when I pull the trigger.

Is there any way I can do this at home or am I better off sending it to a gun smith?

Also, would I be better off buying a new trigger kit (brooks or similar). If so, can any one recommend one from experience.

Many thanks gents,

Sam :good:

I'm sure I saw a thread on here not so long ago but cant find it.

I want to tune the trigger on my CZ .22lr and make it a bit lighter.

It isn't too bad now and it breaks nicely but I find I am pulling the rifle slightly to the right when I pull the trigger.

Is there any way I can do this at home or am I better off sending it to a gun smith?

Also, would I be better off buying a new trigger kit (brooks or similar). If so, can any one recommend one from experience.

Many thanks gents,

Sam :good:

i fitted a brookes.if i can do it anyone can.vast improvement.

It can reduce reduce creep and make the trigger lighter. You can adjust the factory spring by whipping the stock off and winding the nut all the way down, but this doesn't make a great deal of difference.

Changing the spring is really easy. Bit more effort to put the creep reducing tube in :good:

Yeh the kit makes it much nicer. Get one for tenner. People should have the springs and tubes they didn't use from their kits too, as they come with four of each, all different strengths of spring and thickness of tubes.

Already sold mine on or you could have had it. :good:

The Brooks kit offers a vast choice combination with 4 different springs and 4 different tubes. This allows you a great deal of choice in selecting creep and weight of pull.....probably the best £10 (ish) investment you will ever make on any gun!!

I think the Rimfire Magic kit has 3 tubes and springs, but you should still be able to make a big improvement on the factory trigger setup!!

The YoDave one has 4 springs and tubes as well. Sometimes the front pin can get damaged when you take it out, depending on how much it was peened over in the factory, the YoDave kit has a replacement pin so you can use that to replace the factory one. The SYSS (rimfire magic) and Brookes kit don't but the YoDave one gets shipped from Canada so the SYSS is probably the quickest to get hold of.

The cheap and cheerful way is take the spring out and cut a couple of coils off it but there's no way back if it's not to your liking. Have also heard about people replacing it with the spring off a pen.