What have i got myself in for????

Beretta28g

BASC Gamekeeping College Clay Shoot Challenge

16 March 2010

Region: All Regions

Activity: Game and Gamekeeping

An inter-college clay shoot challenge between colleges offering Gamekeeping Courses. Each team consists of 4 guns and the winning team will get the BASC Gamekeeping College Challenge Shield. The 3 individual high guns will be eligible to enter the BASC Gamekeepers National clay shoot final held at the BASC Gamekeepers Fair at Catton Park in April 2010.

More information

I have been entered for this as part of the Easton college teams. Whats doveridge like?

My usual scores about 30/50 will it be easy and do you have any tips?

Beretta

I'd say it's unlikely to be easy, though they can put on easy courses. Depends what the organisers ask them to arrange.

Their CPSA registered shoots are not particularly easy, in fact I struggle to get out of the high 60's there :yes: but it is my "bogey" ground.

If you're scoring 30/50 at haybales and club shoots (and if they put on one of their normal competition shoots) you'll probably struggle :yes:

It's hard to tell though. I shot in an open comp there once (non-CPSA) and I found that a lot easier, I got 81 :rolleyes:

Edited by Chard

You'd better spend some student loan on an extra hard drive then if you want to keep all of those posts :yes: :yes:

Seriously, Doveridge is a cracking ground and I'm sure that they'll put on a suitably testing (not impossible) shoot for you so you'll enjoy the day :rolleyes:

Edited by Nicky T

Remember the very first time you shot at a clay target ? the feeling of terror before you pulled the trigger ?the trepidation, will i make a fool of myself?

Then a few hours later thinking how stupid all these daft fears were and actually no one takes it THAT seriously any-way,and in fact 99.9%of the guys will point you in the right direction.

Well my friend i'm pleased to inform you that absolutley nothings changed from that day to this,so just get out there do your best and above all ,BLOODY WELL ENJOY IT!! <_<

Edited by Jega

Remember the very first time you shot at a clay target ? the feeling of terror before you pulled the trigger ?the trepidation, will i make a fool of myself?

Then a few hours later thinking how stupid all these daft fears were and actually no one takes it THAT seriously any-way,and in fact 99.9%of the guys will point you in the right direction.

Well my friend i'm pleased to inform you that absolutley nothings changed from that day to this,so just get out there do your bast and above all ,BLOODY WELL ENJOY IT!! <_<

bast??? :lol::lol::lol: A S****honian I see, I live near Scotter, Hiya - where do you shoot? I notice they won't allow the spelling of S****horpe :bye2::bye2::lol: here?? (ie the town in North Lincolnshire near Brigg :lol: )

Edited by Bloke

bast??? :lol::stupid::lol: A S****honian I see, I live near Scotter, Hiya - where do you shoot? I notice they won't allow the spelling of S****horpe :good::lol: :wacko: here?? (ie the town in North Lincolnshire near Brigg :beer: )

Hi mate ,yep Scunnys the place i call home ,me and my 16 year old lad have been shooting up at Ancholme Valley for about 5 months now ,prior to that we shot competition air rifles so i suppose moving onto clays is a natural progression.

Sad news about the club winding up in April but there are one or two others quite close by one in particular is on your door step in Blyton. www.pinewoodsg.co.uk ,and another over at Goole http://www.parklodgeshootingschool.co.uk/news.php?id=51 so all is not lost .Even though we have only been at Kirton a short time we will really miss the place and more importantly the people there who are without doubt the friendliest and most helpful bunch you could ever be blessed to meet .

Edited by Jega

• 1 month later...