Fox Worrying Sheep...well he was...........

Evil Elvis

Nice shooting- we must protect the lambs after all :rolleyes::no:

May I ask what rifle that is?? It looks the business

Les :look:

Definitely so Les, I couldn't agree more! :yes::):lol:

Lambing doesn't really start up in this area until the beginning of next month but regular walks around with the lamp and rifle are about to start pretty soon to make sure that Charlie doesn't come visiting, and if he is that hungry I will happily give him a lump of lead to chew on! All semtiment has to go out of the window as protecting the farmers livelyhood has to come first in my list of priorities, particularly at this time of the year! :lol:

:good: Not so cut and dried any more, while there are a lot being born now, my farmer has now had lambs born in EVERY month of the year :good:

it should be as it should be down to his husbandry to make sure they lamb when he wants them to. Generally you keep the ram away from the ewes and without his help you don't get lambs at the wrong time, generally they time it so they are the right age to have grass growing once the lambs are able to eat it.

it should be as it should be down to his husbandry to make sure they lamb when he wants them to. Generally you keep the ram away from the ewes and without his help you don't get lambs at the wrong time, generally they time it so they are the right age to have grass growing once the lambs are able to eat it.

That's what I thought. Surely no farmer would let his rams run with the ewes all year round, that would make lambing far too unpredictable to be practical!

Any sheep farmers care to comment? :good:

:hmm: I dont think Dave is really a "proper" sheep afrmer anymore, he has about 50-60 sheep in a small 20 acre farm, he plays at it really, hes nearly 80!!

Im happy to keep the foxes down, theres rabbits, hares, phessies and partridge on there at times so Its an interesting little place, you can roost shoot the orchard for pigeons and its 2 miles from my house!!! :hmm:

He also has a skeet shoot on the land and an area that i can zero my rifles....waht more could i need on my doorstep? :hmm:

• 3 weeks later...