Memories of days gone by!

Frenchieboy

I've just come across this photo taken many years ago (Back in the late 70's) I wasn't so much into shooting as coursing and lamping with my lurcher and working my terried with my mate's dogs. I know it's nothing to do with pigeon shooting but it certainly brings back memories. Oh how I miss not having a dog or two working with me".

This photo shows the first fox that my lurcher "Gemma" caught single handed on the lamp! :good:

post-17172-1266226093.jpg

Edited by Frenchieboy

Good looking cur, what mix was Gemma ?

Gemma was a Bedlington/Whirret cross Geryhound/Collie/Saluki!

She was just over 6 months old in that photo, a bit too young to be running foxes I know, but she really was dynamite and just wanted to work. We used to lamp her with my mates bitch 5 nights a week where we expected at least 30 rabbits from them each night and then rest her on Saturdays ready for hare coursing every Sunday!

I have never had a running dog as good as her and I very much doubt if I ever will again!

Was that a picture of snoopy on your t-shirt :good:

I don't think it was but who knows, after all it was a l o n g, l o n g time ago so I can't rightly remember. (Memery loss is another sigh of aging isn't it?) If anything it is more likely to be a picture of "Yaz" (Taz or Tazmania was my hero and just as mad as I was at the time)!

Nice mix, I have always fancied a Whippet x Beddy for ferreting........I presume that`s what you mean by Whirret :hmm:

Thanks for pointing out my typing error Henry. It's a senior thing you know, the fingers not co-operating with the brain!

By the way...................... I believe it's your birthday, have a good one mate! :rolleyes: