starting ferreting

Go Go Gadget

Hi mate

Regarding net prices they can vary quite a bit, i personally wouldnt worry about the cost rarther the quality. I would stay away from very cheap thin nylon nets and go for something with a good bit of weight to it, as they wont get tangled as much.

Expect to pay roughly £20 - £25 for a Dozen good nets.

alternatively make your own, plenty info on the net on how to tie them etc.

JDF

Hiya lads

Got a couple of ferrets last week and am going to invest in some nets.

I was just wondering what the average price is per net as they vary greatly on the internet and in shops

cheers

Dan

I get mine from a old guy who has been suppling me nets since i was 9 he charges 1 pound for a 3ply net 1 meter. :angry:

cheers guys, saw these on the bay. 4 oz nylon. any good ?

These will do, but they will tangle like fury, and will waste a lot of time in the field! You are much better off heavier nylon or ideally spun nylon nets in my opinion. Also I would advise getting brightly coloured nets (yellow or red is what I use) as this means you are much less likely to lose your nets, which will save you money in the long term. My nets are from bridport nets for good spun nylon or hemp nets there isn't much difference in price between retailers. The biggest difference in price is with materials, with 4oz nylon being the cheapest. In conclusion they do work, I started with some, but the extra money for quality nets is worth it with time saved.

Those are the ones I have and they are absolutely spot on. Ring through the order if you like, when I last spoke to them they were helpful and will let you know what colours they have in stock. The other good thing about having bright nets is that when people borrow them it's harder for them to keep them :good:.

Those are the ones I have and they are absolutely spot on. Ring through the order if you like, when I last spoke to them they were helpful and will let you know what colours they have in stock. The other good thing about having bright nets is that when people borrow them it's harder for them to keep them ???.

Ok thanks for all the help mate :good:

happy hunting

These will do, but they will tangle like fury, and will waste a lot of time in the field! You are much better off heavier nylon or ideally spun nylon nets in my opinion. Also I would advise getting brightly coloured nets (yellow or red is what I use) as this means you are much less likely to lose your nets, which will save you money in the long term. My nets are from bridport nets for good spun nylon or hemp nets there isn't much difference in price between retailers. The biggest difference in price is with materials, with 4oz nylon being the cheapest. In conclusion they do work, I started with some, but the extra money for quality nets is worth it with time saved.

;):/

I make my own and use white spun nylon. Much better than hemp because they dont rot if you forget to dry them.

All the very best,

SSS :good:

Hiya lads

Got a couple of ferrets last week and am going to invest in some nets.

I was just wondering what the average price is per net as they vary greatly on the internet and in shops

cheers

Dan

Theres not allot of differnce in price in the shops and the net,in the shop you get to see what your buying before hand,there are some really cheapo nets out there,hemp ones are the best the dont tanggle as easy as the nylon ones, good look and hunting