Miroku Mk70 and MK 38

Whitebridges

I tried a Mk70 on a few clays at the w/e and really liked it. I dusted most of them!So much so I wanted to buy one. I liked it for a number of reasons and it seemed an ideal allrounder, i.e a bit of walked up shooting, a few ducks, a few pigeons, the odd clay and great gun for my 14 year nephew to shoot with occasionally. I've always been a bit of a berreta fan but this gun seems a lot better value than their starter guns. Some people I've spoken to seem to think the MK38 is the better of the two.Apparently it is better balanced. If anyone has got any views on this I'd be grateful. Thanks.

I've got MK70GRD 1,for the same build quality (not looks :rolleyes: )you can expect to pay £100 more for a Browning and possibly £200 more for a Beretta.

Now this gun might seem a Tad heavy compared to some but as i'm a big bloke 6' 1" &16.5 ST it suits me fine

Now people say Mirokus are Barrel Heavy but i can,t say i've noticed this and most of the negative comments are made by people who never or HAVE never shot a Miroku anyway :)

If your performing as well as you say you are with this gun then BUY IT

And yes its is a good ALL ROUNDER ;)

Ive

I've got MK70GRD 1,for the same build quality (not looks ;) )you can expect to pay £100 more  for a Browning and possibly £200 more  for a Beretta.

Now this gun might seem a Tad heavy compared to some but as i'm a big bloke 6' 1" &16.5 ST it suits me fine

Now people say Mirokus are Barrel Heavy but i can,t say i've noticed this and most of the negative comments are made by people who never or HAVE never shot a Miroku anyway :)

If your performing as well as you say you are with this gun then BUY IT

And yes its is a good ALL ROUNDER :)

Ive

Deadeye Ive cheers for the advice. The gun we used was a Grade 1 it wasn't overly pretty but the wood to metal finish was good and i agree you would pay quite a bit more for a browning or beretta of the same quality. I'm a big bloke too and I didn't notice the barrels being too heavy. The gun just seemed to suit me so i'm looking for one. :rolleyes:

The MK38 are fixed choke (unless teagued and sold as Bloxham Specials etc) the MK70 is a multi. The MK 38 Sporter was adapted from the trap version as many people used to Sporterise them whereas the MK 70 was designed from the start as a Game / Sporter. Prefer fixed 1/4 and 1/2 myself but each to his own. For a dedicated Sporter the MK 38 is probably the best bet, for your needs the MK 70 or Fixed MK 60 is probably the better bet.

:rolleyes: i owned a miroku 7300sl(skeet gun) with 26in barrels and what a gun bought it from my dad in 1981 he had it from new 1975ish i paid £300 quid for it then sold it in 1995 for £650 you wont be dissapointed with a miroku the (sl) stands for super lightweight only weyed 5-1/2 lbs ;) i should never have sold it

Ferret boy, please let me know how you get on with it. There seems a lot of difference bewtween the grades as you'd expect. No one around here seems to have a grade 3 second hand. Still I will wait and find the right one.

Grades 1,3 and 5

The difference between these grades is quality of wood and addditional engraving .A better grade of Materials might be used but it's purely cosmetic .

It won't make you Shoot a moving target any better :D

Ive

Whitebridges

Which gun shops are you frequenting in Norfolk?

Churchills in Dereham?

Norfolk Sporting Guns in Wymondham?

NorfolkBoy, yes checked both. Chris at NSG is just up the road from me, but only a new grade three and it's a bit pricey. I'll hang on until the right one crops up.

When I get chance i'll pop down over the border to Trulock and Harris and have a look.

Cheers