reloading .22.250

am just starting out in reloading .22.250 . can anyone shed some light on the best set ups and bullet weights ? will stick to ballistic tip bullets tho . have really no idea on which cases to use also let alone powders . :rolleyes:

Hi,

What rifle are you using?

Do you know what factory loads have worked well in the rifle ?

Did you keep the cases?

50 or 55g's should be a reasonable place to start

Do you have any reloading manuals?

I have seen H380 work well with 55g Nosler BT's

What case preparation are you familiar with?

Cheers

AndyCM

hi andy , am using a howa 1500 with varmit barrel , have got good grouping at 100 yards with winchester silver tips ( ballistics ) £36 a box also been using privi which are only £10 a box but they are only soft point not so good grouping but that shows in the price difference ,yea always keep the cases ,got no reloading manuals yet . i belive that both are 55g.

I cant recomend enough the need to get some very sound advice from an experienced reloader.

1 simple mistake can be disastrous,

but dont let it put you off, i have been reloading now for a couple of years, the process itself is rewarding and is another part of the sport that adds that little bit more pleasure knowing that you have hand loaded the bullet hits the mark :rolleyes:

im using varget powder its good as it isnt temp sensitive like some powders. im using v grain vmax but will soon be trying some 55 grain blizkings.

cci or federal 210 primers are good. as for cases norma or nostler custom brass. or sako and federal.

im using some cheap rg at the moment and its still shooting well.

dann boy i didnt thing lapua made 22/250 brass ? if so where did you get it from mate ?

am just starting out in reloading .22.250 . can anyone shed some light on the best set ups and bullet weights ? will stick to ballistic tip bullets tho . have really no idea on which cases to use also let alone powders . :good:

Hi you will be offered many recipes for your 22.250 that work in their brand of gun - you could also look at the Reloadersnest web page and get to know probably another 150 recipes. As you gain experience in reloading you will start to realize that powder and bullet are not the b end and all of producing what your rifle's bore needs but what becomes important is how you set about making each case you reload an exact clone of the last one you made. Once you can acheive this, you will be able to acheive results from most factory rifles like this

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq101/w...ardR9322250.jpg

You live in Dorset - I live near Wellington. If you would like to come over sometime, I would be happy to show you my set up and how I do my reloading - bring your rifle and some cleaned fired cases, I will make up some rounds for you to try out on my ground - pick a nice day!!

Peter

this load was very good in 3 .22/250's that I used as my main fox and vermin rifle , norma brass , vit140 37 grains , 50 grain noslers , federal 210 match primers, very accurate and explosive, 50 grain v-max were also very good but the noslers had a very slight edge in accuracy.