wood burner

hamster123

well ive had my gas bill on a card meter for 5 yrs now which means i pay cash at the local paypoint when my gas runs out. simple.but im sick of it jumping up up up all the ####### time so i bought a wood burning stove masterplan and its the best thing ive ever done. burns anything and i dont have to keep putting 30 pounds a week on a card get one it will save you all a fortune

Now you just need to find a good FREE source of wood, but as everyone has jumped on the wood burner band wagon, free wood is hard to come by.

I get free pallets from work, cut them up in my luch time for bagging and take a car load home a week.

You should have grabbed a load of them railway sleepers covering the entrance to the bunker, and I am sure some of the packing crates would have burned well as well :rolleyes:

Have a search for picture framers around your area. my dads one and he produces so much waste that just goes in the bin, he brings big bags home for burning but there's too much!

the one i bought is ok for smoke free zone it wasnt cheap all in all 650 for stove 900 for fitting and extas flu harth etc but iam a lorry driver and i burn pallets

try some of the delivery warehouses,a late mate of mine ran a haulage firm that delivered x-rays machines from siemens in germany to adresses in the uk,they came in wooden crates you could have built a house out off.they had to burn the timber.golf courses always have timber for disposal.i,d love one but we are a smokeless zone.

Just a little timely reminder, im sure you are aware but since the miners strike umpty years ago the government have made an alteration th the Magna Carta,the document which states the common people can collect firewood from any forest providing it is felled or rotting,they realised the people were getting something for nothing and didnt like that(as usual) so made it illegal, please dont fall into their greed trap woodburners :rolleyes: BM

Edited by berettaman

Just a little timely reminder, im sure you are aware but since the miners strike umpty years ago the government have made an alteration th the Magna Carter,the document which states the common people can collect firewood from any forest providing it is felled or rotting,they realised the people were getting something for nothing and didnt like that(as usual) so made it illegal, please dont fall into their greed trap woodburners :rolleyes: BM

Don't Get Caught! :yes:

Just a little timely reminder, im sure you are aware but since the miners strike umpty years ago the government have made an alteration th the Magna Carta,the document which states the common people can collect firewood from any forest providing it is felled or rotting,they realised the people were getting something for nothing and didnt like that(as usual) so made it illegal, please dont fall into their greed trap woodburners :rolleyes: BM

That, plus deadwood is one of the most important parts of any woodland habbitat.

Put in two woodburners years ago. One in sitting room, one on dining room. Sitting room one linked to oil central heating so it can heat house and water.

Also made splitter for tractor from digger bucket ram which can cut fairly large bits of timber without worrying about nails etc.

Happily we have fairly reliable soucres of wood, always someone needing rid of it. Can often get it delivered free as it costs to send to land fill. Keep you're eye open for business's who use wood or are throwing it out regularly and do a bit of door knocking.

As many others have said make sure the wood is dry. This means the longer the better. Made the classic mistake of not cutting ours up and stacking it early enough this year and paid the price.

I have had a variety of wood from different places - one was oak floor board maker who sold off cut's for £10 a builder centre bag -- another makes wood frame house's - that you have to be carefull as wood is treated with fire retardant and then this lot -- that load cost me £15 three yrs ago -just over 3 ton and it's from a fencing company - it's end cuts from fence post machine that cut's logs lenthways then to a set length - so it's cut and split - just needs stacking - only problem it's pine but when dry it burns well and is cheap - these latest stoves will burn it efficiently -- had another load today but only 500kg on my little trailer and price is now £20 ton so they have now jumped on woodburning band wagon as before they just wanted rid of it. - If I get proper split hard wood same trailer load is £40

337086338.jpg

Dave