lofting pole

bobby

just a quicky rather than going out and buying a lofting pole i use an ole set of drainage rods i picked up for a couple of quid at a car boot. i just painted the caps as they were gold and screw a wide fishing rod holder in the end with a couple of deeks on. light weight easy to use and i think you can pick the cheap ones up from b&q for about 20. something pounds.

the cheap light plastic ones are better.

just a quicky rather than going out and buying a lofting pole i use an ole set of drainage rods i picked up for a couple of quid at a car boot. i just painted the caps as they were gold and screw a wide fishing rod holder in the end with a couple of deeks on. light weight easy to use and i think you can pick the cheap ones up from b&q for about 20. something pounds.

the cheap light plastic ones are better.

are they not too bendy??? :welcomeani:

My thoughts as well.

They need to flex to do the job.

Lofting poles need to be stiff to do the job.

I had a proper set But to get the deeks high they were a hand full for one person, not mpossible though.

My set was quite old so perhaps newere ones are lighter.

Just use a telescopic fishing rod now to reach up into some not so tall hedge row bushes.

• 4 weeks later...

I have also made my own lofters with sectional tent/gazebo poles that i got from the tip when i was getting rid of rubbish,they work well as you get higher just push another section into bottom one,upto 4 mtrs before it gets a bit to much,on one of em i cut the top off a 2 ltr coke bottle and taped it on to aid getting on to hooks,this has worked well,just gotta spray em now. :blush:

I have also made my own lofters with sectional tent/gazebo poles that i got from the tip when i was getting rid of rubbish,they work well as you get higher just push another section into bottom one,upto 4 mtrs before it gets a bit to much,on one of em i cut the top off a 2 ltr coke bottle and taped it on to aid getting on to hooks,this has worked well,just gotta spray em now. :blink:

Thats what I use and they work :good:

guys i use one of my old fishing poles, it was originally 16meters but only use the last 14 and they are plenty stiff enough to put up two birds, easy,cheers matt

Yeah I use the same they are ideal, the really good thing is thy stow away into one and other. cuts down on space and weight.

Sundodger