Barley drilled very good day

Started early on some barley today recce yesterday large numbers but the field was being rolled .

So gave it a try today after a very slow start only 19 by 12ish the birds started to move in mass .

The wind was good warm sun lovely finished with 161 before drizzle stopped play.

No whirly just good old deeks .

There was hardly any barley left and was well rolled in .

All the best OTH

Lucky lad to be able to go when you like on a weekday, a good bag. :good:

Now, let me guess, picked up 161, shells fired 175..? :good:

Cat.

You naughty boy Cat

I do some work now and then but I dont like it to get in the way of my shooting .

I dont know how many rounds I fired but the birds where very lariy for drilling and spooked like they had been well shot before .

Regards OTH

I do some work now and then

Regards OTH

Does that mean you're a burglar or a drug dealer..? :good:

I wish I could get out anytime the weather and birds were just right.

Still, hardly any Spring drillings around my area, everythings in Winter wheat or barley.

Cat.

i guess these recent big bags are blowing your theory out of the water that the pigeon population took a pasting in the winter then.

I thought you asked too be banned Michael why dont you leave this site once and for all .

I changed you name to the correct spelling Michael as I dont like to offened yourself unlike you who likes to take the Michael out of everbody .

Edited by Over the hill

dont get so touchy there, im only stating a fact, you did waffle on about restraint during the coldest spell of the weather, and now you are out shooting hundred bags in the spring. i just wonder if you could explain your reasoning behind this. you should have said at the time im holding back from the birds because it is too cold for me, and it is harder to get a good day at that time of year. and that you were just holding on to spring when its much warmer and i have a better chance of a huge bag. you said all these daft things oth, not me

Or showing the birds some respect when they were struggling for survival, but now they are doing damage at a time of year that isn't mid-Winter they are being controlled under the general licence as a pest species.

Not purely as a 'sporting' species like you think of the woodpigeon as.

FM :D

Edited by Ferret Master