Wildcat moderator

stokie

Just been to the gun shop to collect my newly screwcut 223 remmington 700 .

In the end I opted for the wildcat preditor 8 mod mainly because its stripable and easy to clean .

On the way home I couldnt resist the urge to go and re zero and test it out .

Now I have to say im so impressed that its the best £300 i`v ever spent . Thats for screwcut proof and mod

Am out tonight to test it out for real...... Wish me luck

They are excellent, I have one on my Ruger .223 and have been very impressed.

One of the chaps down the range who was next to me thought it was a rimmy it was so quiet when I was using 55gr Federal to zero in. Cant stop the sonic crack of course but thats pretty much all you get.

Am wondering how good they are when you start using .308, .338, etc. and above?

When i collected it from the gunshop the guy stressed about the importance of removing it from the gun and and squirting a drop of wd40 down both ends. Then clean it soon after getting home .

I put about 15 rounds through it first time out . I stripped it to have a look and it was filthy inside and the tube was covered in condensation .

I have a friend who is quite anal about cleaning his gun and mod , I think I may start to do the same ..

Does anyone else clean or lube after each outing

When i collected it from the gunshop the guy stressed about the importance of removing it from the gun and and squirting a drop of wd40 down both ends. Then clean it soon after getting home .

I put about 15 rounds through it first time out . I stripped it to have a look and it was filthy inside and the tube was covered in condensation .

I have a friend who is quite anal about cleaning his gun and mod , I think I may start to do the same ..

Does anyone else clean or lube after each outing

Yes, because it's easy to strip and clean if done regularly.

If you don't it will weld itself together and be a nightmare to clean a few months down the line.

In addition I store my guns with it on, admittedly nose down, so I want to make sure the mod and the gun are clean and dry before I put them away.

The choice is yours, but I have also noticed I have never had any POI changes after a full strip and clean of the mod, perhaps you would if left for a long time between cleaning! :good:

Edited by Dekers

I leave it on the gun. It's probably welded itself on by now!

The POI changes if I take it off and on again, so I can't afford to rezero it every time I go out.

Interesting, we all have our own ways of doing things and thats the way it is, mine are off and on and stripped and cleaned a lot, and I have never had to re zero any of my centrefires because of this process. Something that has always surprised me, but obviously pleased me as well. :good:

Mind you, it means I spend a lot of time working on my guns! :birthday::shoot::shoot:

Interesting, we all have our own ways of doing things and thats the way it is, mine are off and on and stripped and cleaned a lot, and I have never had to re zero any of my centrefires because of this process. Something that has always surprised me, but obviously pleased me as well. :good:

Mind you, it means I spend a lot of time working on my guns! :birthday::shoot::shoot:

That's exactly what I really can't be bothered to do. I just get home, put them in the cabinet and think nothing more until I go out next time.

If my accuracy was going because of this, then I'd obviously clean them, but they've managed fine and I've had them for 3 years...