Bipods / sticks

darren m

what would you say is a decent bipod to afix to my Axsor , and how much does the feel of the gun alter , as in balance and weight .

i,m useless at kneeling shots , resting boney elbow on knee , just wobbles about so take most shots standing .

BUT thought maybe a bipod would help out on those siting / kneeling shots .

Also anyone here use a shooting stick with there Airrifle , any opinions .

cheers.

if you having some problems with kneeling shots try a different stance as standing shots ae the hardes to make and very few people can shoot consistent acurate shots standing.

have a look here.....

bfta technical skills manual

download the technical skills manual, ok so it might be FT based but there are a lot of bits you can take over to the field as well.

sa for bipods and shooting sticks there are good things about them and bad things but i think the good out weigh the bad every time when it omes to a bipod, yes it does disturb the ballance and feel of a rifle, but then most of the shots are going to be taken either kneeeling or more likly laying down.

when it comes to fitting a bipod its always best to try and mount it as far forward as possible and always remove rifle from stock before drilling any holes in the wood work!

have posted a couple of links to a site that does the haris clone bipods before or check out google for opticswarehouse, they really are a good bunch in there :lol:

ROB :)

Hi,

Allthough I don't use a shooting stick what I have found helps for standing shots is holding a long stout stick about the height you hold your gun at in the hand that would be up the fore end of the stock and gripping it so about half of your hand is higher than the top of the stick. Then resting your rifle on your hand which should be more steady than just a normal standing shot.

Hope this helps :lol: But it is hard to explain and easy to do. :*)

FM :)

what would you say is a decent bipod to afix to my Axsor , and how much does the feel of the gun alter , as in balance and weight .

i,m useless at kneeling shots , resting boney elbow on knee , just wobbles about so take most shots standing .

BUT thought maybe a bipod would help out on those siting /  kneeling shots .

Also anyone here use a shooting stick with there Airrifle , any opinions .

cheers.

Darren

If your going to fit a bi-pod then get an Harris and make sure it's the S- type(25c 12-27")for prone and sitting shots.They are lightweight but will affect the balance to which you can counterweight the stock ...............an excercise in my opinion that is pointless .

If your going to fit a bi-pod then use it for 90% of your shooting as guarenteed shot placement is what your after and if any shooting aid helps this for quick humane kills then that can only be a good thing.

I carry the least amount of gear as possible so sticks would be out of the question .Also this time of year i wear waterproof over trousers and jacket as your usually lying down in wet foliage most of the time. :lol:

Cheers

Ive

Edited by deadeye ive

link as requested :lol:

bipods here

they are the harris clones but more than up to the job for airguns and its the S type pivot ones you should get, all sizes are the same price, just have a good think about if you want to do your shooting laying prone (and getting muddy) or just getting your **** wet LOL its hard to change your mind once you have the bipod, long one a little too long for laying prone and short one definatly to short for sitting or kneeling LOL

all the best

ROB :)

i got mine from chambers will just find website......... http://www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk/Bipod%20rests.htm

just realised its not b-square on this website its brocock or something, and the price is actually £40 (got a little excited :*) )

but its still cheap, and is exactly the same as the b-square one (my dad has 3 of the b-square ones and mine is identicle)

Edited by dunganick

Bipods are best if you can use them, but I also use Bushwear sticks for standing shots. I like to leave the bipod in the car if I don't think I am going to use it, as the gun is nicer to carry without. I always have the bipod on for stalking in Scotland as all shots are taken prone.

The Bushwear sticks are adjustable, and these type of sticks used to cost about 60-70 quid, but somehow they do them for £25 and can get them to you next day - very good, highly recommmended.

The Bushwear sticks are adjustable, and these type of sticks used to cost about 60-70 quid, but somehow they do them for £25 and can get them to you next day - very good, highly recommmended.

that was a company called knobloch (sp?) and they still do retail at around £65 for a bipod £85 for a tripod, i use these as when they were purchased nothing else existed, however if i had my money back i would buy bushware, the design is a complete rip off of the knobloch and apart from there being a change in the thread direction on the 2nd telescopic part, they are identicle, but half the price