One for the Lockpickers possibly?

harv

right fellas gone and done a daft one :D .

cleaned the hmr in the garage today with the rear door locked with a key in and slightly turned, i have gone into the house and shut the remote roller door

and now the ******* thing wont re-open usng the remote fob. i have two fobs and tried both but this happens periodically and they need re programming!!!

i have a spare key for the rear door but wont work because of the key in the other side?

so i have a big problem as the marlin is still in the garage.

options are

1) will drilling the lock out enable me to open the door?

2) can i turn the key in the lock from the otherside somehow?

3) smash a window as i dont know how to remove them?

4)get the benelli out and blow the hinges?

any help would be much appreciated :unsure:

thanks

harv

hi chap if you have a double glased window take a sharp chisel or knife to the trim where the putty would be on an old window) push it in till you see the trim lift slightly then using another knife graduly ease it out repeat on all trims then just remove the glass, east peasy, best of luck , matt

harv,

why not take the handle off of the door from out side and with a set of pliers turn the key or push it through onto the floor ? refit the handle and then with your second key unlock the door ?

Stocky .

i dont think i can remove the handle from the outside,there are no screw holes in the surround?

What kind of door lock is it ? the old keyhole ones you can push the key back through, but if it's one of the more modern upvc door locks then you can't, is the beading on the back door internal or external ? if it's internal then as said previously a locksmith will probably be the cheapest option.

hi chap if you have a double glased window take a sharp chisel or knife to the trim where the putty would be on an old window) push it in till you see the trim lift slightly then using another knife graduly ease it out repeat on all trims then just remove the glass, east peasy, best of luck , matt

thanks matt,

is that the black rubber its a upvc window?

thanks

harv

The black rubber that is against the glass is not the place to put the knife, you should have a bead of plastick around the glass of about half inch wide,

which should have a space between it and the door,providing it is glazed from the outside as some are on the inside,which is anti theft( more secure,to stop what you are about to atempt) ...Good luck...

Don't drill the lock!

you need a lock breaker (I have one here, but you are a little far away!) to break the lock, open the door, and replace lock!

Do you have a half and half door, with glass at the top and white plastic at the bottom? it would be cheaper to break the plastic than anything else!

Daft question: have you changed the batteries in the remotes? just in case

Is it a barrel lock or one of those old fashioned big key jobbies? If it's a mortice style lock get a Bic pen, take it apart and fill the narrow end with superglue. Push it in from the other side and set it onto the bar of the key. Wait a couple of minutes and turn the pen, job done!

If it's a barrel lock it's a tough one. When a key is in the other side they can be a sod to move!

Harv - is this a Euro lock that is very common of double glazing units ?

If it is, a locksmith will be able to pick the outer, catch the cam, and open, even with the key in the otherside.

Very little options for you really, unless you go destructive, I prefer NDE myself, but it you thats locked out

Hope you get it sorted

You live in N Yorks right? Give it 10 minutes and wait for a passing burglar to let you in or drop a small vagrant child down the chimney pot and get them to let you in.

Hope this helps.

The obvious answer is the 24 hour locksmith - they have seen it and done it all before.