bsa sweet 17 or simmons whitetail classic?

vmax55

HAD a BSA nice mill dot but it was cr p wouldnt hold zero but could hav just been mine ? I now have x2 WTC 3.5-10x50`s and x1 WTC 1.5-5x20 made in Phillopines made to last a classic scope good for lamping as well. If your passing drop in and have a look.

HAD a BSA nice mill dot but it was cr p wouldnt hold zero but could hav just been mine ? I now have x2 WTC 3.5-10x50`s and x1 WTC 1.5-5x20 made in Phillopines made to last a classic scope good for lamping as well. If your passing drop in and have a look.

where are you in droitwich?

As you mention the Phillipines made Simmons are excellent. I understand the latest versions were made elseware and quality has gone downhill, so check any Simmons first for country of manufacturer.

BSA have never been known for the quality of their scopes!

I have a Simmons on my Anschutz 17HMR. Its great for the price, plenty of zoom and accurate enough for bunnies out to 100m. Mine does not have a dotted reticule pattern which might help if you are shooting less flat trajectory rounds or in windy conditions with slower light rounds. I just get around it with a bit of guess work but then I'm not that dedicated a bunny buster so if it is too windy, I shoot from closer!

IMHO you can go a bit mad when it comes to scopes so buy something that is priced with the type of shooting in mind. No point having a hyper accurate mil dot reticule for an air rifle shooting 30m but then again if you can afford who cares!