springer for £300

flash

Hi,

I have a BSA Lightning in .22 which I find a good gun because it is compact and easy to use in the field and is always accurate providing it's held right. It is full legal power and easy and quiet to cock. It also has a good safety catch and comes with a silencer for £169 roughly. And then you have got £130 to spend on a quality scope, mounts, gun slip and pellets.

Hope this helps. :D

FM :)

have had the long bow, HW97, TX200 and the AA prosport.

the only one i wouldnt get is the long bow again, not sure what it is about it, but something just not right, it needs a good tune up when you get it to make it anywhere near as good as any of the others.

HW97 very good rifle, and very accurate, check out the oist i did on springer vs pCP.

tx200 pretty close to being the perfect out the box spring rifle out there, even better if you have the HC you can fit an external silencer and make it a very quiet rifle, and then in time you can always have a think about havign it tuned.

prosport,l what can you say but perfectiion personified ina rifle! lkittle onj the expensive side but scheaper if you buy second hand.

ROB :D

HW97k in .20 is only my second rifle, but its accuracy (bearing in mind I'm still more or less a beginner) is very reassuring. The build quality is some of the best I've seen (I looked at a lot of rifles before buying), and everything about it is solid and neat.

The cocking release/home is a bit noisy on mine though as it's still fairly new. Needs running in, but I'm sure Shootist Tony will vouch for its long term dependability.

Apparently my, er, friend, told me that you can get a brand spanking new one via the continent for around 200 notes.

Regards,

LS

if you buy a weihrauch from the other EU countries you may find that if you want it tuned up, or spares they will not touch it, because it will not have the hull cartridge stamp on it, also the power levels on other Eu countries is above the leagal limit of 12ftlb that we have, so be carefull.

I have a Venom tuned Hw80 and a standard longbow, both .22.

The HW80 i have had since 1985, and now sadly is coming to the end of it's life, the internal chamber is now fractionaly bigger than the piston.(due to the amount of shooting it has done, list of kills would take up a lot of room, and raise a few eyebrows)

My Longbow has not been tuned yet, but it will be going to webley venom for tuning very soon.

They can tune any air-rifle so give them a call

http://www.webley.co.uk/venom.php3

For what its worth, when I looked into to getting a new springer at the start of the year I covered the forums for advice. I concluded the TX-200 HC to be the best optiion. The fact that the Air Arms factory is just 10mins down the road from work, had nothing to do with it. :D In the end I bought a PCP as I only wanted a hunting rifle.

i have 2 rifles which i am getting rid off

wierach 95k with simmons scope (3-9-40) .22 mint condition no marks or scratches complete with mounts (have instructions and tools and original scope box) also with bag and pellets

also a bsa lightning with theoben gas ram (original spring supplied) .177 again mint condition with a bsa scope and mounts,bag and some pellets (again with instuctions tools and original scope box)

open to any serious offers, only selling begrudgingly as i have a nipper on the way

HW97k in .20 is only my second rifle, but its accuracy (bearing in mind I'm still more or less a beginner) is very reassuring. The build quality is some of the best I've seen (I looked at a lot of rifles before buying), and everything about it is solid and neat.

The cocking release/home is a bit noisy on mine though as it's still fairly new. Needs running in, but I'm sure Shootist Tony will vouch for its long term dependability.

LS

Mines well on it's way to 30,000 pellets and still shoots amazingly well. Sub half inch groups at 30 yards... Been stripped and re-lubed once aside of that the only other maintenance is a wipe over with an oily rag...

.20 calibre makes it an excellent hunting tool...

Tony

It is better to go to the legal (or as safe as possible to the limit!) as it is far more humane for the quarry. But there again you probably knew that. It is just that I think it is important to always get the "humane as possible" message across. Not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs. :devil:

It is better to go to the legal (or as safe as possible to the limit!) as it is far more humane for the quarry. But there again you probably knew that. It is just that I think it is important to always get the "humane as possible" message across. Not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs. :devil:

snake bite i seem to recall the humane power level being 3-4F/lbs so a rifle running at 6F/lbs as long as the ranges arent too great will still be classed as a humane hunting rifle.

its only in recent years that things have gone power mad :oops:

ROB :P