Sporting Gun subscription problem

long story short. Subscribed in feb to 32.99 for 12 months. Freebies were a cartridge belt, and camo baseball cap. What did i get? Really poor quality black and brown wolly hat from some pony american maker, whivh looks like benny of corries, and i woukdnt guve it to my dog. Later came the belt, cheepo, but i expected that. They saud camo caps sold out. Got first subsciption mag, low and behold, now 28 quid and free welly bag. Suffice to say cancelled and got 30 quid back, they said keep the bits.... Good mag....just forget the price and gifts!

long story short. Subscribed in feb to 32.99 for 12 months. Freebies were a cartridge belt, and camo baseball cap. What did i get? Really poor quality black and brown wolly hat from some pony american maker, whivh looks like benny of corries, and i woukdnt guve it to my dog. Later came the belt, cheepo, but i expected that. They saud camo caps sold out. Got first subsciption mag, low and behold, now 28 quid and free welly bag. Suffice to say cancelled and got 30 quid back, they said keep the bits.... Good mag....just forget the price and gifts!

Funny you say that, I'm still waiting for the wellie bag.........it's been about 6 weeks so far and still no sign.

Is this the same magazine that had the article by the expert who said OK to shoot foxes with a .22 air rifle? Not doing very well are they?

yes i remember that....apart from being cruel and totally ineffective iam sure under the wildlife and countrysude act it would be illegal. Perhaps it was a misprint....does no favours for aigunners. The mag seems interesting enough though.

yes i remember that....apart from being cruel and totally ineffective iam sure under the wildlife and countrysude act it would be illegal. Perhaps it was a misprint....does no favours for aigunners. The mag seems interesting enough though.

Hiya James,

Nope! Not a misprint! There was an enormous thread following it when it was pointed out. I will give the info if I can find it. The mag is interesting though

Bill

Is this the same magazine that had the article by the expert who said OK to shoot foxes with a .22 air rifle? Not doing very well are they?

Hello James,

This is the thread about the expert who said that he had used a .22 air rifle to shoot foxes. Somebody wrote to the magazine and they said in their defence that he had said, 'in the right circumstances'. Still, the perceived message has gone out that it is ok to shoot foxes with an air rifle

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...howtopic=113514

And to the Guy who didn't get his freebies, ring the magazine and complain bitterly. They will probably say stop your automatic subscription and join each year. I did that with an airgun mag, and I finished up with three 'survival knives'.

is it just me thats underwhelmed about the agro involved in cancelling a subscription for the sake of £4 and a wellie bag :angry:

Just phone them and say, Where's my wellie bag?' .............. "Please". They will send you one if they want to keep you sweet

If you think thats bad then for chrissake dont try to enter their competitions,most of the entries i have sent in have never been recieved (they say)been a subscriber for a good few years an won **** all :oops:

Even e-mailed entries dont make it ,so what the hell can you do

Edited by berettaman