Salt licks for deer

Been told in writing that i can now shoot the deer on a farm i shoot at.

Have seen in several shooting presses the salt licks that bush wear are selling. Would like to know what members think of them that are using them. And what sucess they have at bring in the deer. Can't rearly shoot to many deer this year as don't what is on the ground. And they seem a good way of finding out what deer are in the area.

Any feed back on these licks would be great

Are they :no: or are they :hmm:

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Have seen in several shooting presses the salt licks that bush wear are selling. Would like to know what members think of them that are using them. And what sucess they have at bring in the deer. Can't rearly shoot to many deer this year as don't what is on the ground. And they seem a good way of finding out what deer are in the area.

Are they ;) or are they :)

Dave

I have used them, they never seem to do anything, they do have this paste stuff saltz paste anis tub a friend of mine says it draws deer in on boundaries and you move the post in a few feet every time onto your land so you can shoot them :D What I often do, is go down to my local supermarket speak to the manager about buying the apples they bin and just scatter them about in a area you want the deer, Ive shot a few doing it that way.

Are they ;) or are they :)

Dave

Just been to BATA and bought some for "Horses, ponies and deer" on the label - £2.02 each- worth a try at that price. Going to set out in a ride in the forest tomorrow morning.

Tonyc

• 1 month later...
Stick a few Pheasant feeders full of wheat up, that will bring them around.

Can't keep the ******* off my feeders during the winter.

your not the only one i dont mind the odd roe having a bit of wheat of but when the fat get can hardly run its a bit of a joke i rekon we feed at least 5 ton of wheat to deer last year