Fear of flying

Cosd

Look guys flying is a breeze, I know of people who panic when they see the wings flex as they take the weight, they flex because they have to if they were rigid you wouldn't like the consequences. Don't worry about the landing modern jets are desperately dumping lift & speed all the way from top of descent just to make it down to the runway. When you're up there in cruise, all you have to worry about is whether the bar trolley is going to last the whole flight. If you really feel that you need to be worrying the first minute after take off is the grim one, I can remember being in a serious situation at take off looking around everyone else was blissfully unaware, (thats not helping is it!) .Turbulance.. you're more likely to lose your stomach contents than your life. In short you are more likely to come to grief picking your nose than flying. OK I do realise that aircraft have accidents I'm not denying that but it's called the safest form of travel basically because it is, have you been out on those roads on a pushbike lately? I admit that right now I'm blasted or I probably wouldn't be writing this but I've been an aircraft engineer for the last thirty years and whilst I'm sympathetic to peoples phobias, standing in the pub on Friday night is more dangerous than commercial flying. There are some dodgy aircraft/operators in tinpot countries but if you're flying out of the UK save your worries for the exchange rate on the pound

:blush: If you are really worried about flying then sit in the rear of the aircraft

statistically in civil aviation there is no recorded occurance of a pilot

reversing a jet liner into a hillside. :good:

30 years in air cargo you didn't think I was going to be serious now did you.