ferrets

mossy835

Hi,

I feed my ferrets James Wellbeloved Ferret Complete in the morning and keep a bowl full of it in their cub all day as they have a short digestive tract and what they eat is back out again in 6 hours so need to eat little and often. ;) It is an old wives tale as a hungry ferret is more likely to kill underground and a full up ferret will not hunt any less, perhaps even more because it will have more energy. However you should feed them before you go out but don't give them a huge meal as they are more likely to sleep it off underground. :thumbs:

FM :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mossy,

if you feed a complete dry mix as I do, then just feed each day as regular as you can, I change the water and top up their food every morning, as already said they like to eat little and often so feeding this way keeps them happy, so they are never really full or hungry.

if they only get fed every few days they tend to gorge them selves a bit so thats why they would be a little sluggish if just fed, or on the flip side... more likely to kill-feed and lie up if they haven't fed for days.

In my opinion if you feed every day and keep happy ferts, all you need to take for them is some water and maybe a drop of milk as a treat. :D

happy ferreting, :lol: