Decoying for first time tomorrow

djrwood

Going decoying tomorrow for the first time. Looking forward to it and hope we get a few. the pigeon have been on this field for the last few days so hopefully will be about again tomorrow.

I'll post a few photo's on here either showing success or just our set up so you fella's can tell us what we did wrong

Thanks

Dan

Going decoying tomorrow for the first time. Looking forward to it and hope we get a few. the pigeon have been on this field for the last few days so hopefully will be about again tomorrow.

I'll post a few photo's on here either showing success or just our set up so you fella's can tell us what we did wrong

Thanks

Dan

good luck hope alls good for you :ernyha::lol:

Good luck mate, one piece of advice I will give you is, make sure your hide is good, spend some time making it blend in and looking natural. Its one thing I was taught and it really helps you.

Let us know how you get on.

All the best,

SSS :ernyha:

Good luck mate :ernyha:

Don't make the mistake I used to make; let them come right in, so they're literally 10-20 yards away and a few feet off the ground. Don't try and shoot them if they're 40 yards out, otherwise it's a wasted shot. Especially if there's 2 or 3 that are coming down, as you want them as close as possible so you can get all of them.

Wear suitable clothing and make sure you cover your head and face if possible. They will spook off the smallest of things, so your bright white face will easily scare them if you're not hidden.

If you can't cover your face, get your head right behind the netting and peek through it. Keep your barrels just above the netting, or you might snag it when you stand to shoot.

Don't sit down, or you'll not keep an eye out for pigeons. It'll literally keep you on your feet looking for pigeons.

Oh and finally and most important;

If you're not sure. Don't shoot! Stock doves look very similar to pigeons, but you can't shoot them. They are slightly smaller and have a different wingbeat.

All the best, I'm sure you'll have a great time! :lol:

Good luck mate :good:

Don't make the mistake I used to make; let them come right in, so they're literally 10-20 yards away and a few feet off the ground. Don't try and shoot them if they're 40 yards out, otherwise it's a wasted shot. Especially if there's 2 or 3 that are coming down, as you want them as close as possible so you can get all of them.

All the best, I'm sure you'll have a great time! :good:

Yeah! Wait till they've got their flaps open and landing gear down - then blat 'em! Saves all that pesky swinging through......... :good:

:good: