Looking for someone to introduce me to clay pigeon shooting.

aliengravy

Hey there.

Currently studying a the University of Portsmouth and looking to get into Clay pigeon shooting and apply for my shotgun cert. My home is in Suffolk, but as i said, i'm at uni in Portmsouth at the mo. So i'm looking for someone to give me the basics of handling a shotgun and shooting clays.

I have done clays previously with a friend informally. Who's out there? any CPSA instructors?

Thanks

A few of us from Pompey go to a clay shoot in Emsworth on the 3rd Sunday of every month. Its a bit of a farmer type shoot so nothing formal.

If your interested then let me know :good:

Failing that take a look at Spitfire shooting ground http://www.spitfireshoot.co.uk/html/practice.html :good:

Edited by chrispti

Stocky , Yeah its open to anyone we usually get up there about 12ish its 11 quid for a round of 40 .Like chris said its a bit of a farmers shoot and a bit muddy sometimes ,but totally relaxed (obviously not on safety :good: ) and informal. Theres a good burgervan up there too. Send a pm if you would like some details . Milk and 2 sugars in mine :good::good:

Edited by mpk

Sounds like a plan , You bring your mossy for a laugh and ill bring my shooting .....im sure chris will agree :good::P:good: Always good to meet likeminded people were a happy bunch us. Its the 3rd sunday of the month pm if you need address etc :good:

Hi guys it seems like there is a bit of interest so instead of replying to pms individually i thought it would be easier to just post the info (im not being ignorant!) Its on the 3rd sunday of every month its 11 quid for a 40 bird round and there is a tea/burger wagon too. If it has rained near to the time it will be worth bringing some wellies :yes: We usually get there for around 12ish you will know who i am ill be the one missing them all :( Always good to meet new people

Marlpit Ln

Westbourne

Emsworth

Hampshire PO10 8EQ

Edited by mpk

The next one is Sunday the 16th May ;)

As said, a few of us go, anyone else is more than welcome to join in and have a laugh at MPK's expense, or if he has an off day and shoots well you could always laugh at him when you drive past him in a lay-by awaiting the AA to bring him some fuel ???:P :o

I cant really talk, I came last on the previous shoot :yes: :(

Again, its nothing formal so bring whatever musket you want, semi auto, pump, 10bore etc etc winner buys the tea's and dont forget your sence of humor :yes:

Edited by chrispti

mpk, don`t do yourself down mate, you`ve shot pretty well up to now and with a little bit of gentle guidance you`ll make a very capable shot.

You`re shooting is quite good. Its your car that is a load of ****.

I suppose your gonna tell us that you miss on purpose so you dont have to get the brews in :( :yes: :yes:

The next one is Sunday the 16th May ???

As said, a few of us go, anyone else is more than welcome to join in and have a laugh at MPK's expense, or if he has an off day and shoots well you could always laugh at him when you drive past him in a lay-by awaiting the AA to bring him some fuel :o :D:P

I cant really talk, I came last on the previous shoot ;) :(

Again, its nothing formal so bring whatever musket you want, semi auto, pump, 10bore etc etc winner buys the tea's and dont forget your sence of humor :yes:

For your information mr chris it was a boarhunt van :P and i had to collect my fuel with gun in tow ( i was ever so slightly worried that he wouldnt let me in the van with it , i would have been seriously stuffed then :yes::hmm: ) Turns out he was a keen rabbit shooter !!!!!. As you can see dont forget your sense of humour and dont forget the teas chrispti :huh::yes:

mpk, don`t do yourself down mate, you`ve shot pretty well up to now and with a little bit of gentle guidance you`ll make a very capable shot.

You`re shooting is quite good. Its your car that is a load of ****.

Why thank you :good::D Its getting to the point that the kids are even calling it my big hairdressers car , I think its time to drive it into the sea (if i dont run out of fuel before i get there :lol::lol::lol::D )

For your information mr chris it was a boarhunt van :lol: and i had to collect my fuel with gun in tow ( i was ever so slightly worried that he wouldnt let me in the van with it , i would have been seriously stuffed then :lol::lol: ) Turns out he was a keen rabbit shooter !!!!!. As you can see dont forget your sense of humour and dont forget the teas chrispti :D:good:

:D:lol: I forgot Im a debtor now :D

No mate I haven't, wouldn't mind giving it a go sometime though.

Yeah sounds like a plan we will have to arrange a date or something when were not working :good: I think its monday to sat but they are open all day not a bad price either :lol: (ill make sure i bring double fuel just incase :lol::D ) :lol:

Yeah sounds like a plan we will have to arrange a date or something when were not working :good: I think its monday to sat but they are open all day not a bad price either :lol: (ill make sure i bring double fuel just incase :lol::D ) :lol:

Guys make sure you give me a PM, especially if we can share petrol with me being in Portsmouth!