Cleaning Bolt from rifle

killer_pigeon

i want to soak my rifle bolt in something to get rid of carbon residue etc out of the bolt, i am finding the dirt is getting under the ejector claw and i dont see how to clean it out. Have tried carbon remover & toothbrush so far but had no luck

I cant see how to strip the bolt down so would an overnight soak be ok :good:. any advice what to soak it in also or is standard carbon remover ok

thanks

the hoppes sounds like what i need as i think the fouling is indside the bolt under the spring claw mechanism

thanks

Regular cleaning prevents this, but if it has got bad then a strip, clean, oil, rebuild of the bolt may be in order, odds are there is internal residue which would be better removed as well!

They can sometimes be a little fiddly but be bold, and it's not so bad, many companies offer a guide on their websites, but if in doubt ask about yours and the odds are someone has been there before and can tell you all about it!