Beretta Warranty

Just dropped my Beretta White Onyx back to the shop it was purchased from for it to go back to the main distributor and the man say he will have to charge me for the courier to and from...........

Yes, the gun is still under warranty so therefor I see it as an issue the RFD should take up with the distributor?? right?..........

Experience/views/opinions all greatly appreciated.

seems a bit suspect to me, i had an issue with my winchester, i emailed them and they aranged pick up, did the work, replaced the stock to one of my spec, then returned it FOC. THAT'S BWM SERVICE. Beretta come under GMK, not in the same league IMO. If it was my gun i'd push for free dispatch/delivery or threaten to take my money elsewhere and make damn sure all my friends new about it.

They may however offer a refund if it turns out that it's faulty workmanship/materials, but why else would you be sending the gun back in the first place if it wasn't faulty.

That's my take on the situation as matey...Pretty simple realy. Apparently the RFD has to cough up for the cost of the courier as the distributor won't pay it......

The RFD is trying to pass the cost on to me and it's a legitimate claim under warranty. It should be clear cut in my view. And yes you are right, GMK are not in the same league as some others by the looks of it..

The RFD is trying to pass the cost on to me and it's a legitimate claim under warranty. It should be clear cut in my view. And yes you are right, GMK are not in the same league as some others by the looks of it..

can you contact beretta or gmk directly? bwm are easy to get hold of from their web site.

I had the same issue with my benelli M3, alot of them don't work properly, in the end i paid out to get it fixed. I'll never buy another one. Seems strange tho, a top range outfit like beretta short changing you over the delivery fees, i guess they're not that good after all.

oops, double post..stupid computer, Grrrrrr

Actually, while i'm here i'll let everyone know about the letter benelli sent to all the rfds about warranty repairs on their semi autos.

Aparrently benelli have been overwhelmed with warranty repairs and are getting quite sick of it, so they've told the rfds to tell all their dissatisfied customers that if their gun doesn't work as it should then they should..

(1) clean it..

(2) put at least 1000 36g cartridges thru it.

The wording of the letter makes all us customers out to be morons who don't know the first thing about guns,

kind of a roll of the eyes and "what are they like" while shaking their head scenario.

WELL ****'EM! If that's what they think of us then be it on there own heads.

Edited by GRAM71

Your contract is with the RFD being the seller and not GMK. It is the sellers responsibility to repair and bear all costs. Just because he sends it back to GMK is not your problem.

Quote the sale of goods act at him and if he won't cooperate get in touch with your local councils trading standards who administer the act.

No, assuming its going back for a warranted repair you should definitely not have to pay

That's my take on the situation as matey...Pretty simple realy. Apparently the RFD has to cough up for the cost of the courier as the distributor won't pay it......

:hmm::oops::yes:

Your contract is with the RFD being the seller and not GMK. It is the sellers responsibility to repair and bear all costs. Just because he sends it back to GMK is not your problem.

Quote the sale of goods act at him and if he won't cooperate get in touch with your local councils trading standards who administer the act.

Looks as though the poor old RFD will have to cop the 36 quid, but it does beg the question; why can't they claim it from GMK? And in turn GMK from Beretta.........

There are cleary disgruntled customers that have had a rough ride with some products. Does not inspire an individual to buy from the same supplier or manufacturer again eh.....

Thanks for all your responses, very much appreciated. My mind was kind of already made up on the whole scenario but this just compounds it for me.

Looks as though the poor old RFD will have to cop the 36 quid, but it does beg the question; why can't they claim it from GMK? And in turn GMK from Beretta.........

There are cleary disgruntled customers that have had a rough ride with some products. Does not inspire an individual to buy from the same supplier or manufacturer again eh.....

Thanks for all your responses, very much appreciated. My mind was kind of already made up on the whole scenario but this just compounds it for me.

Not sur ehow it works but the supply between business to business and business to public are different. The dealer has to cover costs from profit although its down tot he supply contracts if your car goes in for warranty work every cost goes to the supplier of the part, (Bosch, Lucas, etc) even the labour costs of chaging it etc. partyl the reason you have different tier suppliers. Its up to the shops to take up the cost with GMK and GMK with berretta. If they don't offer the service back up drop them as a supplier.....

The various points here have been dealt with, and the issue here is part-RFD, part-GMK. sale of goods act does apply to the supply channel and it is this which states the carriage costs of warranty repairs are payable by the supplier.

But I am getting to the point where i won't buy GMK products, except for a .222 Tikka. God bless Adenbourne as they take away the GMK pain.