what do you think

Lloyd90

As some of you may have read, am looking for a companion for my 1 year old lab bitch and a dog that will be more eager to hit the cover and thorns to flush rabbits as I have a new permission with tons of rabbits but all under thick thorn bushes :hmm:

Always fancied a English Springer anyways, and also another dog to keep my bitch company in the kennel so they can be houses outside together fulltime rather than in the house :oops: Dont like leaving her for too long all alone! Anyways had a quick scout about and spotted this lil nipper, only bitch left in the litter. Here are the details, what do you think ?

Ess puppies ( Dogs)for sale 6 LW (Bitches) 5 LW. Docked,DC,MC wormed, KC registered, 1st vaccination will be done. Sire OFTW Gunslip Barracuda Of INT FTCH Laganmill Maestro. Dam excellent working Bitch Stylish and hard hunting trained to field trial standard, FTCH Kipperidge Jasper,FTCH Kenine Robb Of Rytex and many more FTCH in pedigree with Badgercourt and Rytex lines. Strong bold pups. Work or Trial. Ready 15/05/10

pup2.jpg

Pup1.jpg

There asking £400 for her!

Edited by Bigthug87

looks a nice pup i was nearly buying 1 of them pups from the same litter but a pup from edgegrove kennels came up at the last min. from a dog i was looking a pup from so i went for the edgegrove pup price range is about normal as my pup is £450 although the better bred it is the more they seem to cost as my mate has one coming over to n.i from england and it is £550, id say the pup you want will have the fire to rip threw them thorn bushes when older :hmm:

What you think of the lines she's from ? Im not that clue'd up on pedigree's lol! Seems ok to me. Someone going to see her next week so she might go :yes: lol! If so guess I'll just have to keep looking!

£400 is about right, I have just paid £450 for my new pup. You cannot go wrong with the Badgercourt or Rytex lines either. If you want a new dog then go for it although I do agree that training two could be a handful. However by the time the springer is ready for proper training the lab should be nearly there.

She is a cutie :hmm::oops:

:hmm: Im not rushing into it. I am not even sure whether to go for her. The breeder has told me if I want her she is mine but am tempted to leave her go and maybe look for one next season as having alot of work done in the garden at the moment and going to be moving the kennel into a new spot / setup. Am tempted as she looks a stunning pup and from cracking lines. Such a shame to let it go lol!

To be honest i would leave it for another year...get the Lab sorted and then look for a springer if you want one for hunting.

My springers are 2 years a part ( 4 & 2) which i can cope with, but both still undergoing training still, although i shot over them both last year.

Now at present looking for a Lab :hmm:

Stick with what you've got.

Trying to train two young dogs is more than double trouble.

Your's is still only young... keep at it :hmm:

Got to agree with that.

The pup is nice and the lines good, Laganmill Meastro was a cracking dog and is the grandsire of my current ESS. Price is right I would say.

I thought about getting a springer to keep my Lab company, He is about the same age. I thought it would be brilliant having the best of both worlds. I decided in the end that during the day my Lab would love some company but by the time the shooting season rolls around it would be the springer id be taking out more as id get more offers to beat than pick up. Also my training with the lab is far from complete and trying to train let alone work two dogs for me is a bit too much of a challenge (maybe one day it wont).

So my new plan is get the lab as far as i can, try get as much pickin up as possible in the next couple of seasons and see wether i need a spaniel then.

Rob