got someone signed off on some land,now they have taken over?

yes but this guy knew nothing about shooting and was more interested in collecting golfballs. :hmm:

he started going on tues to sunday and had to ring the greenkeeper before going on and after shooting and he only went to collect golfballs and the excercise.took me a while to find this out,told him to go his own way and the strange think is,he never had a gun of any sort and told the greenkeeoper he had shot x amount of rabbits,told him lieing will not do him any favours and he will be find out.

i took a guy with me on their who was going to show me fac rifles and the safety etc.this guy pulled up in the car park and then spots us and then starts to go into a "whats he doing on here",i tell him the keeper gave him permission to be with me and to show me the 22lr and the hmr.

he than changed his tune and was nice as pie.he pulled me up on my own and said to me"i was not being funny about him being on here",i told him yes,you was and left it at that.

we parted company and he has had his permission withdrawn and i now have my name and 1 guest shooter on my permission,which means nobody can go on without me,as they are very vigilant on this course.

funnny thing is,it took me 2 solid days of looking and i did all the asking to get this one permission,he just sat in the car.

i will never do that again in a hurry.once bitten,twice shy.

al

Yes deckers I was reading that one and I thought it went off topic somewhat and then degenerated into the usual ,this thread is targeted at the aftermath and implications on our shooting and how best to deal with it. Thus enabling us to learn how to deal with the youre aforementioned topic, or how to avoid it in its entireity. In short I thought this may help my fellow shooters which after all is what this forum is about.u must have a story on this subject why not share it with us.

Edited by the running man

Yeah! I had this problem with my brother in law about 12 years ago.

I took him out pigeon shooting on an old friends fields a couple of times.

One week end we were going to go out but I couldn`t make it. He asked if he could go on his own. I thought it would be ok.

WRONG :good:

He took his father who shoots on a big estate where they chuck empty cartridges every where and leave a right mess.

I had a phone call about two days later from the farmer who was my old friend since I was a kid. He told me he didn`t want me shooting on his land anymore because of the mess and desrtuction left up there the last time.

I told him it wasn`t me but he didn`t want to know.

I thought I had better go and have a look for myself.

OH my god. :no::oops:

The place was covered in about 300 empty cartridges, 4 x strands of barbed wire had been cleanly cut and there was a massive hole in the hedge. Not to mention dead pigeons every where and general rubbish from food. :big_boss:

I cleaned it all up and fixed the fence and set off to confront the bast*** brother in-law.

All he could say is that he couldn`t give a shi*

I haven`t spoken to him since.

It turns out that for years he`s been boasting about all the pigeons he shoots with his father was all bullsh**

He was so jealous that I had a good bit of shooting that he wanted to destroy it all for me. BASTA** <_<

Yeah! I had this problem with my brother in law about 12 years ago.

I took him out pigeon shooting on an old friends fields a couple of times.

One week end we were going to go out but I couldn`t make it. He asked if he could go on his own. I thought it would be ok.

WRONG :good:

He took his father who shoots on a big estate where they chuck empty cartridges every where and leave a right mess.

I had a phone call about two days later from the farmer who was my old friend since I was a kid. He told me he didn`t want me shooting on his land anymore because of the mess and desrtuction left up there the last time.

I told him it wasn`t me but he didn`t want to know.

I thought I had better go and have a look for myself.

OH my god. :lol::no:

The place was covered in about 300 empty cartridges, 4 x strands of barbed wire had been cleanly cut and there was a massive hole in the hedge. Not to mention dead pigeons every where and general rubbish from food. :big_boss:

I cleaned it all up and fixed the fence and set off to confront the bast*** brother in-law.

All he could say is that he couldn`t give a shi*

I haven`t spoken to him since.

It turns out that for years he`s been boasting about all the pigeons he shoots with his father was all bullsh**

He was so jealous that I had a good bit of shooting that he wanted to destroy it all for me. BASTA** <_<

That's discusting mate, too bad farmer didn't let you clean em up :oops:

I don't tell people the exact location of my permission and would'nt tell people who owns it for that exact reason. Can't trust anyone. It's hard to get land to shoot so you gotta protect it.

As above and if i take someone out i always tell the landowner the name of the person i am taking and advise them anyone of that name asking for permission don`t give it to them unless i phone too otherwise how can you trust the guy if they go behind my back?