The new ferret hutch.

Bleeh

To put a long story short, I've been meaning to re-build the ferret hutch for as long as I have moved into my new house (November) and between the long hours, poor weather, and lack of cash I haven't really had the chance. I always knew they didn't have enough space (The original hutch is what you see at the end attached) but I managed to get away with it by working them 3-4 times a week, so they where mostly sleeping while in it anyways.

But, with the spurt of finance, good weather and hanging the nets up for summer, I decided to get on with it

That, combined with the fact that the amount I know about woodwork you could fit on a gnats left ball, but I got on with the job anyhow.

These are the results, it will be furnished with some pipes and possibly a few platforms when I get paid next month.

Photo0166.jpg

Hopefully this has inspired you to get building your own hutch! so why don't you buy my left over wire mesh (There's about 20m's left) >HERE<

Don't worry, that's not a soil area, I just run out of paving slabs, so it's two smaller (but very thick, like the sort you get in storage heaters) slabs just in that corner. They weight about 3kgs each and are dug in, so I doubt the ferrets will move them.

They've also been in the hutch three days now anyhow.