SG Buckshot

Winchester Super-X Magnum Ammunition 12 Gauge 3-1/2" Buffered 00 Buckshot 18 Pellets.

Anyone know if you can get these over here?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=214645

That's the kind of thing I was looking for, too bad they don't like dealing with us lot :lol:

They basically say consult Midway UK, but they don't sell cartridges :lol:

:lol: I used sgs in 3/4 choke and managed to bag at fox at 49 yards, luck? who knows but it went down instantly and had a huge hole in its neck!!!

Wow, very big hole.. did only one pellet hit then?? :good:

Still.. for a kill at 49 yds with SG, quite a bag!

i got a whole slab of 36g eley SG under the spare bed. i did a "pattern test" at a couple of fire doors at my fathers place with them and there wasn't much left after, very messy, the shot went thru like the 90mm thick doors were made of butter.

That sounds like a right good 'pattern test' :lol:

What did you plan to use the slab on??

That sounds like a right good 'pattern test' :good:

What did you plan to use the slab on??

Zombies,

what else?

seriously tho, foxes were the main intention with the odd muntjac, but i now have centre fire for these so the SG are redundant.

although i have lent the odd cartridge to people on a clay shoot, obviously where it's safe to do so.

Zombies, what else?

seriously tho, foxes were the main intention with the odd muntjac, but i now have centre fire for these so the SG are redundant. although i have lent the odd cartridge to people on a clay shoot, obviously where it's safe to do so.

for a moment i had the utmost respect for you there :lol: but then you typed the second paragraph :good:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Zombies,

what else?

seriously tho, foxes were the main intention with the odd muntjac, but i now have centre fire for these so the SG are redundant.

although i have lent the odd cartridge to people on a clay shoot, obviously where it's safe to do so.

:lol: If only you were closer I'd take a few off your hands, I hear watermelons are also adequate game for SGs if you run out of ideas ..or zombies :lol:

Not sure about that size, but you can get, and IMHO it`s better, No.2`s(Close to our BB`s) 3 1/2" mag buffered copperplated as above.

I've tried out some of Winchester's 3" BB mags, not a bad cartridge :good:

I've just been looking and I'm confused about something else now, everyone here says SG is the English equivalent to U.S. '00 Buck'.

9/every10 sites I go to, says that '0 Buck' is 8.1mm and '00' is 8.4, and also on Wikipedia the size table says:

'0 Buck' (SG).

'00 Buck' is 'MG' (which I assume stands for medium game).

'000 Buck' is 'LG'

'SSG' would be the equivalent of #4 Buck.

Do we just take to calling it 'Double-Ought Buck' cause it sounds cool?

Any ideas?? :good:

I've just been looking and I'm confused about something else now, everyone here says SG is the English equivalent to U.S. '00 Buck'.

9/every10 sites I go to, says that '0 Buck' is 8.1mm and '00' is 8.4, and also on Wikipedia the size table says:

'0 Buck' (SG).

'00 Buck' is 'MG' (which I assume stands for medium game).

'000 Buck' is 'LG'

'SSG' would be the equivalent of #4 Buck.

Do we just take to calling it 'Double-Ought Buck' cause it sounds cool?

Any ideas?? :blink:

I bought some Eley SG the other day and it has "8.4mm SG" on each cartridge.

Cheers for the link HD but that's the first place I go when I need to find something so thanks for writing the topic.. but my confusion on this subject still stands as the sizes seem to conflict with other size tables..

The only conclusion I can draw is that there are UK and 'UK European' sizes which would explain the differing sizes with the same names

I still have a few LG's (6 x 9.1mm balls) - tried one on 6 inches of timber by sandwiching two planks of 3 inch thick timber - and it went straight through. Would be devastating at close range, but suspect that a fox could sit in the middle of the pattern at 20m without fear of being hit! :good:

H_B