mitsubishi shogun pinin

dazz

Can't fault it. Father bought one to replace a fourtrak that finally rotted through.

He originally thought it was just a smaller version nof my shogun which it isn't - in some circumstances it's actually more capable. Being so much lighter it can bounce through where i must push through and being smaller is ideal for forest rides of tighter confines.

One thing - get rid of the road tyres immediately. Hybrids will transform its off-road abilities. Recently loaded up with 2 red carcasses, 3 large dogs, rifles, kit and 2 stalkers...cruised along fine doing 70.

If it has "GDI" (gasoline direct injection) anywhere in the model name/number dont walk away-run as fast as your legs can carry you.On the shogun owners forum someone has started up a GDI appreciation thread-its a very small thread.These cars are a nightmare when (and they will) go wrong.Pleeeease-do yourself a favour and walk away(quickly).

We've had SWB 1.8 GDI for about two years, goes anywhere and I put it in some lovely places where Mrs-G wouldn't be pleased about but it gets washed off before she sees it if it was extreme. It sounds purposefull with the serious mud tyres on it - but guess who don't like them either? :good:

Main bad point is the fuel it drinks - about 22mpg of the expensive high octane stuff but the manual version might be less thirsty. The best point is the shooting position: a bit of foam between the door mirror and frame and anything you fancy within the drivers headlight beam pattern is yours for the taking day or night if you are right handed - the left side works just as well. The petrol engine sneaks up on 'em a lot better than diesel though. :good:

Looky here, the camcorder has a poor lux level for the night shots but you will see all you need to, and I have other clips there too:

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at a pinin warrior Gdi today and was quite Impressed by It :D

I need something that I can use everyday, and then put the rear seats down for my decoy gear when I go shooting :good:

A decent set of AT`s should set It off nicely ;)

I bought my wife one about 6 or 7 years ago and it's been great, she loves it. Goes anywhere, fairly decent ride and so far engine has been no trouble. Gearbox is as good as my new L200.

Would I buy another.........yes.

:good:;):D goes anywhere :yp: ???:oops:

tesco's,asda,sainsburys,even get up the kerb onto the grass verge :yes: