Improved Cylinder- .010

Skeet 2 -------------- .015

Modified -------------- .020

Improved Modified -- .025

Full ------------------- .030

Extra Full ------------- .040

Super Full ------------ .045

Turkey ----------------.045+

Ripped this off another site - It shows roughly how close the different chokes can be. No doubt someone will rubbish the figures, but hey.

Skeet 1 (.005") just helps to fill out any gaps in the pattern you'd have with true cylinder- useful if you have to take a clay late.

Dekers, you won't find a lot of people seriously campaigning short (24-26") barrels in skeet these days- mostly 30" tubes, with the odd 28" and 32" for variety.

Here's a nice friendly site with forum for those who'd like to learn more: http://www.skeetshooters.co.uk/

Jakes

Name ------------ Constriction

Cylinder Bore ------- .000

Skeet 1 -------------- .005

Improved Cylinder- .010

Skeet 2 -------------- .015

Modified -------------- .020

Improved Modified -- .025

Full ------------------- .030

Extra Full ------------- .040

Super Full ------------ .045

Turkey ----------------.045+

Ripped this off another site - It shows roughly how close the different chokes can be. No doubt someone will rubbish the figures, but hey.

Rant

I,m not going to rubbish the figures, just the content. If we keep this up, although the colours will remain the same we are going to appear as the 51st white star on on someone else's national flag instead of our own!

Rant over

Cheers

Skeet 1 (.005") just helps to fill out any gaps in the pattern you'd have with true cylinder- useful if you have to take a clay late.

Dekers, you won't find a lot of people seriously campaigning short (24-26") barrels in skeet these days- mostly 30" tubes, with the odd 28" and 32" for variety.

Here's a nice friendly site with forum for those who'd like to learn more: http://www.skeetshooters.co.uk/

Jakes

You do get a variance with manufacturers too, I have a pair of Trulock skeet chokes for my 525 and they are .009" so in between skt1 and skt2.

I agree with what you say re barrel length and skeet if we are talking English, National or NSSA. For Olympic you want shorter, 26" or 28" anything longer is a hinderance, i now shoot with a 30" semi so about the same as 32" OU for English.. long but it works for me. Most are shooting 30" or 32" these days, long is the new short although i'm looking into a 24\26" barrel for my gun as i'm going to start shooting Olympic skeet more too.

Skeetshooters is a good site :good:

Jon.