Scope

Rizzini

Right guys, going to buy a scope for a .22LR i will be doing mostly night shooting and low light shooting at ranges max 100yds

Have narrowed my two choices down to these

MTC COBRA 3-9x50

HAWKE MAP PRO 3-9x50

Never seen or had a go on a MTC scope, what are they like,

Long lasting ?

Good for lamping ?

Do they hold their zero well?

I do like the HAWKE scope but because the MTC scope is a Fog Proof and Water Proof i would be better off with this one.

Cheers guys.

Right guys, going to buy a scope for a .22LR i will be doing mostly night shooting and low light shooting at ranges max 100yds

Have narrowed my two choices down to these

MTC COBRA 3-9x50

HAWKE MAP PRO 3-9x50

Never seen or had a go on a MTC scope, what are they like,

Long lasting ?

Good for lamping ?

Do they hold their zero well?

I do like the HAWKE scope but because the MTC scope is a Fog Proof and Water Proof i would be better off with this one.

Cheers guys.

I dont know about the other one, but i use the hawke pro8 on my rimmy, its great and i wouldn't change it. i set the zero at 75 the dot above is 50 the one above that is 25, if you want the longer shots they work the same, ie 25 is one dot down. i find it very accurate and have used it out to 125yrds bang on.

Good luck.

Clynt.

PS,

this is based on sub sonics, solid points shoot higher, i found i had to use the 50dr dot instead of the 75 with solids.

i would recomend a scope without parallax adjustment on specially while out lamping. you need to keep it as simple as possible as you will not in most situatons have the time to mess about making adjustments with the scope while the rabbits stay still for you.

Just bought this lads.

Did a quick review check on them and people seem to love them.

SCOPE

Was going to go for the 6-24x50 but its going on a .22LR so will not be shooting that far TBH and thought 3-9x50 will suit me and the gun fine. Plus the money saved can go towards a good set of mounts and Bi-Pod.

Hate to say this but I think you made a mistake. The Hawke would be fog and water proof too and would be a class above the Richter.

I have a Hawke Endurance 30IR on my LR and it's awesome but I think to expect a scope to have AO and IR for £40 and then have half decent glass is probably expecting a bit much.

Without wishing to hijack the thread, Colster, does the lack of AO bother you at all with the endurance range, or in reality is it something you would have time to fiddle about with in the field!! :good: There's some great deals going on at the minute on some of the lower endurance range scopes, making them hard to ignore really!

Without wishing to hijack the thread, Colster, does the lack of AO bother you at all with the endurance range, or in reality is it something you would have time to fiddle about with in the field!! :good: There's some great deals going on at the minute on some of the lower endurance range scopes, making them hard to ignore really!

No, but I keep it on 6x anyway and focusing on objects not in the range that the parallax is set to is much less of an issue then... And the red dot is on the first focal plane so you soon know if your head isn't straight as the dot won't be in the centre of the crosshairs if you're off.

I've just bought a Hawke Endurance 3-10 x 44 for my father-in-laws TX200, bargain at £50

That's exactly the deal I was looking at, for that price complete with mounts it's got to be done I think!

Oh no .... I think they've run out!!!

I think they maybe doing site updates as nothing comes up under Telescopics sights at all. Give it another try later or give them a bell.