Sound moderators

Shootingman

Having purchased a new gunlamp for the 22.250, I find its reflecting off the rear of the moderator, so I tried the .308 mod on the 22.250 :lol: & no reflection :good: , would it be safe & effective to use the .308 mod on the 22.250, as of yet I haven't tried firing it. :yes:

Mike. You could use the 308 mod' on the 22-250 but not the other way round. I used my 308 mod' on my 243. It was said that it would be a bit 'noisier' owing to the slightly larger diameter with the 308, but it sounded exactly the same to me.

Cheers me old mucker :good:

I was told once that you had to use a dedicated moderator for a particular calibre, it's not entirely the truth, you can use the 308 on anything with a smaller bore diameter, don't know why someone would say it would be noisier, there's only 2.1 mm difference in the size of the bores between a .22 and a .308, any explosive gasses from the casing are still going to be caught in the can anyway.

I was told once that you had to use a dedicated moderator for a particular calibre, it's not entirely the truth, you can use the 308 on anything with a smaller bore diameter, don't know why someone would say it would be noisier, there's only 2.1 mm difference in the size of the bores between a .22 and a .308, any explosive gasses from the casing are still going to be caught in the can anyway.

<_<:good: so why do so many manufacturers offer so many mods, particularly The Predator 8 Range, in so many different calibres??

Having purchased a new gunlamp for the 22.250, I find its reflecting off the rear of the moderator, so I tried the .308 mod on the 22.250 :sly: & no reflection <_< , would it be safe & effective to use the .308 mod on the 22.250, as of yet I haven't tried firing it. :good:

what i do with my mods is wrap them with the fabric type camo tape, that works fine and protects them from being scratched

:):good: so why do so many manufacturers offer so many mods, particularly The Predator 8 Range, in so many different calibres??

So you buy more than one? The noise reduction will be more efficiant with the correctly sized mod, but it's not 100% essential to have one for each calibre.

That was the point I was making in response to the bit in red above, it definately makes a difference having the baffle as close a size as possible to the calibre.

Just swapped my .25 baffle in my P8 to the .22 baffle (for my .223) and the difference is noticeable. :)