WHAT RELOADING TOOLS WILL I NEED

My sister popped round yesterday to rub in the fact that she's of to canada in 5 weeks for 3weks to see her inlaws, i had the bright idea that this would be a good opportunity for some cheap reloading gear to be brought back

Ive already got

.243 RCBS full length dies (cheers mosa)

powder scales, dillon balance and some digi's

RCBS Rock chucker press (somewhere in the usps system, bought of ebay)

Hornady hand primer tool (same as the press)

300 once fired cases

what else will I need to get started?

mikee

My sister popped round yesterday to rub in the fact that she's of to canada in 5 weeks for 3weks to see her inlaws, i had the bright idea that this would be a good opportunity for some cheap reloading gear to be brought back

Ive already got

.243 RCBS full length dies (cheers mosa)

powder scales, dillon balance and some digi's

RCBS Rock chucker press (somewhere in the usps system, bought of ebay)

Hornady hand primer tool (same as the press)

300 once fired cases

what else will I need to get started?

mikee

Morning Mikee,

I would recommend. a "Lee collet neck resizing die," they are only cheap and they do some accurate case preparation's.

think you get a powder scoop and shell holder with the kit?

Also a Lee Ram Prime only cheap again,for inserting the primers with your Rock Chucker.

A powder trickler RCBS do a cheap good one. A funnel that fits over the case neck for powder insertion.

other bits like a primer pocket cleaner, case mouth chamferer inner & outer. think RCBS do a cheap one,

A good vernier gauge, for checking various lengths.

Primers I can recommend Federal Premium Gold Medal large rifle (GM210M ) there are lots of others but I like the Federals.

Plus a good reloading guide, there are lots on the market at different prices, you can also pick up little basic reloading manuals, most Powder suppliers

do one for their own powders, and wait for it, there free, "Yippee",

I like "Vihtavuori Oy" powders myself, but again it is a personal choice, as there are lots to choose from.

There is a massive amount of info of all kinds on the WEB to digest, with recommended loads etc.

Good luck and above all keep checking at every stage to make sure nothings changed as you load.

Best wishes 10WM

a case trimmer,

flash hole debur tool.

a primer pocket cleaner.

a cheap sonic cleaner to clean cases after there fired.

vit 160 powder would be a good place to start. alot of people seam to use it in there 243 rifles

I'd have a look at N140 and IMR4831 too, also I find CCi BR primers very good.

I would add a case lube kit to the list and some of the trays for loading the primed cases in and some ammo boxes; a good reloading guide wouldn't go a miss either.

ATB

Moses

Sounds like you have pretty much all you need already. The Lee collet dies are worth getting.

vit 160 powder would be a good place to start. alot of people seam to use it in there 243 rifles

Agreed a good powder, as is Varget. But the OP is asking about stuff to purchase in Canada. Putting powder, and god forbid primers in your luggage is likely to end in tears. Given the weakness of the pound at the moment though (£1 = $1.50) there are unlikely to be many bargains to be had.