Just shot my first Duck

RossM

Cheers guys. we've been feeding this pond for two or three years now but have never shot it. So I thought I'd give it a try lastnight. Walked away after I got this beauty as I dont want to over shoot it and spoil what we've got. We've a few resident Mallard but mainly get Teal flighting in through the season. :lol:

Edited by RossM

we've been feeding this pond for two or three years now but have never shot it.

Walked away after I got this beauty as I dont want to over shoot it and spoil what we've got.

Blimey

now thats self control, and conservation, pity the antis never took note of acts like this when they slag off wildfowlers, well done Ross

pavman

Thanks Pavman. I just dont want to spoil the pond and also see no benefit in over shooting it and not having enough nights in the week to have duck for tea!!!. I'll only shoot it when i want a duck or too for the table. I get more enjoyment out of walking done there and putting some feed down and seeing what wildlife there is about. We have a few wild pheasants on the land who go down to the waters edge and feed on the grain too plus the odd woody.

I'm just as content with sitting there and firing no shot as i am with getting one for the pot. Also enjoy summer evenings down there fishing for carp.

Cheers guys. we've been feeding this pond for two or three years now but have never shot it. So I thought I'd give it a try lastnight. Walked away after I got this beauty as I dont want to over shoot it and spoil what we've got. We've a few resident Mallard but mainly get Teal flighting in through the season. ;)

Good decision mate :lol:

LB