anyone know about grapevines?

shootnfish

Just wonderd if anyone knows about grapevines on here. There is quite a large grapevine growing at the front of my house it grows up the side of my living room window across the top and on to a 6x6 trellis pannel between me and my neighbours garden. Problem is it gets lots of bunches of grapes every year but hardley any of them make it to full ripeness. Someone told me to cut the vines back to the first bunch that is growing on each vine. Is this right because i dont want to cut to much off if this wont help. I do keep it under control and it gets plenty of sunlight. They are black grapes if this makes any difference. Thanks for any help.

Just wonderd if anyone knows about grapevines on here. There is quite a large grapevine growing at the front of my house it grows up the side of my living room window across the top and on to a 6x6 trellis pannel between me and my neighbours garden. Problem is it gets lots of bunches of grapes every year but hardley any of them make it to full ripeness. Someone told me to cut the vines back to the first bunch that is growing on each vine. Is this right because i dont want to cut to much off if this wont help. I do keep it under control and it gets plenty of sunlight. They are black grapes if this makes any difference. Thanks for any help.

I had some cracking vines at my last house, white grape though. I was told that, once the grapes had started to form, only allow 1 bunch of grapes per sideshoot. also, thin out the leaves to about 1 every 10 inches on the main stock and don't let all the growth go to the leader vines, pinch the ends out - it looks good with all the leaves etc, but stops the grapes from getting large. Watering some dried blood in around the roots over winter is apparently really good for the grapes. As the grape bunches swell, you do have to thin them out a bit with a small pair of scissors, otherwise some of the smaller ones will be crushed, rot and start to infect the whole bunch. It is a bit labour intensive, but I got about 12 Kg/year from mine, great for home brew!!!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

That's all I know about grapevines :good:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

That's all I know about grapevines :good:

Beat me to it :lol: