Nissan Terrano 2

spanielchris

Hi guys! Probally been posted on here millions of times but im still goign to ask! Nissan Terrano2 2.7 Td (2000)! Are these any good off road??/any good as a shooting truck??? Going to look at one tommorow. Any faults to look out for??? Any help would be most appreciated!

Hi guys! Probally been posted on here millions of times but im still goign to ask! Nissan Terrano2 2.7 Td (2000)! Are these any good off road??/any good as a shooting truck??? Going to look at one tommorow. Any faults to look out for??? Any help would be most appreciated! i owned a terrano for a while found it to be a good motor off road very high ground clearance good to drive and nissan reliability. dont have anything negative to say about them only changed mine to get a pickup double cab. only fault ive ever heard of with some terranos is diesel pump problems but never had any probs with mine

I have a Terrano 2, Its a good shooting truck and is good off road. If you want to see just how good they are off road then look on youtube. ;) I was shocked.

Get some good tyres on it and it will take you ALLMOST any where.

No Probs with mine, Had it a year now. :good:

Kipper.

A work mate had one of these and toured, (france etc), all over the place with it, he only used it off road on tracks etc. but he loved it.....was very reliable too.

His was the auto BTW so can't comment on the manual

Edited by ziplex

I had a 1994 Terrano 2.7 td for ten years, took it from 30,000 to 195,000, and only problem was a gearbox re-build at 110,000. It Was used more as a tractor than a truck and was great. swopped it for a 03 plate Terrano II 2.7 td again about 2 years ago, again a great truck and still using it as a tractor/ shooting truck/ horse box tower/ shopping car/ sheep mustering/ river crossing/ ski towing in the snow and still going strong with 48,000 done.

Best most cost effective truck ive ever had, if you find a tidy 1 buy it!!!.

Best Wishes

Pippin pup

I had a 1994 Terrano 2.7 td for ten years, took it from 30,000 to 195,000, and only problem was a gearbox re-build at 110,000. It Was used more as a tractor than a truck and was great. swopped it for a 03 plate Terrano II 2.7 td again about 2 years ago, again a great truck and still using it as a tractor/ shooting truck/ horse box tower/ shopping car/ sheep mustering/ river crossing/ ski towing in the snow and still going strong with 48,000 done.

Best most cost effective truck ive ever had, if you find a tidy 1 buy it!!!.

Best Wishes

Pippin pup

Wow isnt the Ford maverick the same truck with different badge?

Wow isnt the Ford maverick the same truck with different badge?

Yes the Earlier Maverick is the same as the Terrano.

I've had a T2 2.4 Petrol R reg. for 2 years now only use it for shooting/fishing, it's fantastic off road better I would say than the 3 discovery's I had before it (probably as its a SWB).

Never put a foot wrong, starts first time every time, get about 25mpg and thats virtually all backroads and fields.

Had the long wheelbase 2.7td 1999 for six months now and its been a winner, they rust up the inner sills and by the seat belt mount behind the rear wheels. Some parts can be pricey as hell-crank sensor on a 2001 auto was £180 :yp:

I get high 20's MPG and with nobblies have never got it stuck, I would prefer a short wheel base as its like a limo but handy to drop the rear seats and fill with garden rubbish.

I am considering a hatch on the roof for lamping as I bought mine very cheap and I will drive it into the ground.