NPPC pea fields near Malton, Yorks

army646

Has anyone shot over or had a look at the NPPC pea fields near Malton, Yorks in the last week or so?

I had a look a few weeks ago and the vines were about a foot high but very few birds were bothering with them and still seemed more interested in the rape where they could get in, possibly feeding on the under ripe seed pods.

Just wondering if they had flowered and podded and anywhere near harvesting yet.

My problem is that I am over at Skipton, N.Yorks and it is a bit far to keep popping over to check crop progress.

Cheers

Nidge (army646) :rolleyes:

Has anyone shot over or had a look at the NPPC pea fields near Malton, Yorks in the last week or so?

I had a look a few weeks ago and the vines were about a foot high but very few birds were bothering with them and still seemed more interested in the rape where they could get in, possibly feeding on the under ripe seed pods.

Just wondering if they had flowered and podded and anywhere near harvesting yet.

My problem is that I am over at Skipton, N.Yorks and it is a bit far to keep popping over to check crop progress.

Cheers

Nidge (army646) ;)

i don;t know the area meself but from what i know from a few guys off site they have been shooting over pea stubble over a week ago round norfolk and lincs so could well be harvested by now :rolleyes:

I live 7mile from malton and shoot allover around malton upto york and scarb, havent sea any pea fields cut yet but they are getting ther now, the pigeons seem to have moved off them and are on the wheat and barley that is layd or the cut fields (arable silage)