few hours on standing wheat.

activeviii

Popped out to walk the dog and check over some cut barley but on the way i thought i would pop to see some wheat as there was 20 or so pigeons around yesterday.

there was about the same in the one sitty tree this afternoon so i thought i would give it a go for and hour just to see what happened and then pop over to look over the barley and look at an orchard that needs the rabbit s controlled on.

i got to the field about 4.30 and set the rotary up with flappers and 7 half shells up on bamboo canes.

i had two boxes of cartridges in the bag as its all i had as i left the kit in the truck from yesterday but took the brick back in the ammo cupboard.

as i was only going to be shooting for 2 hours i wasn't overly worried about the lack of carts.

i was set up by 5pm and started to see a few birds coming back in ones and two's but i was greedy and kept trying for the double but my aim was off and i missed too many so started to to concentrate on hitting the things.

a steady stream of singles saw me run out of cartridges at 6.45.

i was a little worried about me cocker picking up as he is playing up due to a new pup in the house and my lad has just shut down. i needn't have worried as he found 41 of the 45 birds i had shot. we left a magpie and feral in the crop for charlie so only two pigeons lost.

this is my best shooting yet for ratio with 45 birds for 50 carts.

i wish i had shot it earlier this morning

18072010154.jpg

not the best photo as its with the phone.

i think i will hit a full day in the week and see what counts.

all the best

Phil.

no pressure from scooby doo was the key, he was off on the crows so i took the chance to try and get the pup enjoying the games again as since the new pups come along we have all been out of sorts, it was nice to shoot with no pressure and just allowing Teague to run in until he got back into the swing of it. he is happy again at the moment so im going to ease up on him for a bit until he has found his place again in the household.

Popped out to walk the dog and check over some cut barley but on the way i thought i would pop to see some wheat as there was 20 or so pigeons around yesterday.

there was about the same in the one sitty tree this afternoon so i thought i would give it a go for and hour just to see what happened and then pop over to look over the barley and look at an orchard that needs the rabbit s controlled on.

i got to the field about 4.30 and set the rotary up with flappers and 7 half shells up on bamboo canes.

i had two boxes of cartridges in the bag as its all i had as i left the kit in the truck from yesterday but took the brick back in the ammo cupboard.

as i was only going to be shooting for 2 hours i wasn't overly worried about the lack of carts.

i was set up by 5pm and started to see a few birds coming back in ones and two's but i was greedy and kept trying for the double but my aim was off and i missed too many so started to to concentrate on hitting the things.

a steady stream of singles saw me run out of cartridges at 6.45.

i was a little worried about me cocker picking up as he is playing up due to a new pup in the house and my lad has just shut down. i needn't have worried as he found 41 of the 45 birds i had shot. we left a magpie and feral in the crop for charlie so only two pigeons lost.

this is my best shooting yet for ratio with 45 birds for 50 carts.

i wish i had shot it earlier this morning

18072010154.jpg

not the best photo as its with the phone.

i think i will hit a full day in the week and see what counts.

all the best

Phil.

nice shooting mate well done :good:

you dident shoot that many that was how decoys you took out of your freezer then placed them there for the photo :yes:

at least i can get the time off to shoot over your cut rape scooby

thanks gents for the kind comments. Teague has gone head strong since Keira turned up but he is only 22 months himself so time for him to get over it. best thing is that he has started to bring to hand since Keira came home so first part of the plan worked.

Phil.