action plan!

welsh warrior

right so i got my fac comeing in the post soon and to fund my new rifle im thinking of doing a swap .a webley and scott s/s 12 g mint ( tight clean no marks barrels are spot less )..i heard its worth 1400 -1500 in mint con.from what ive seen on the internet and from my rfd... so i do a swap and buy all the bits and bobs scope bi pod etc and then what ever i have left from my funds i want back in cash only looking to spend 500 600 quid so i should get a few quid back. 1st question do you think its worth it or a good idea and do you think they will give me what ever money i have left back? and with the money i got left should be a fair bit im going to buy another what i call money gun ( i get guns trade price from my rfd ) what do you think guys

Personally, I would try and sell the shotgun privately. It's a pain waiting for a buyer etc, but you should get more for it in the end. The RFD will want to make something on the shotgun if he takes it part-ex off you.

Your best bet would to see what trade in price he offers you, and if he'll give you cash back (which I doubt)

You may have to accept a credit note for the difference. By them giving you a credit note, they make even more money from you.

thought it would be to good to be true ..but i mean if i they tell me its worth 1400 and i spend say 600 why cant they give me what ever money i got left back its a english gun in mint any one who knows history about guns knows that webley and scott made the for all the top gun makes in england the one i got has been dated to 1927 its was bought for and eastate for visitors but it was hardley used i wish i could get pics up for you guys its like new

Simply because they will have to 'Give you Money'! If, say, the difference in price was £900, then if you had a credit note for that amount, it would not cost the RFD £900 when you bought goods off him, as he would also be making a profit on them as well.

As mentioned, depending how quick you want to get a new rifle, you would be better off selling it privately, on this site, or a few others. I have never failed to sell a shotgun/rifle by advertising in Sporting Gun magazine.

hmm yer didnt think of that ... well as for the price then i have been told and seen it going for 1400 and 1500 quid but i dont know if any would spend that much but i mus say it worth it 30 inch barrles and a long stock unlike a lot of s/s that have a short stock

get it on guntrader your RFD will offer you well below market value on a trade in unless he already knows someone he can punt it onto for a fair amount more. They aren't in the charity game, if he is offering you that kind of cash there will be a reason

this is what i know so far i got it dated 1927. on the both barrles there is.. made in london and birmingham its tight clean no marks ive my self have put only 10 shells in it and it shoots like a dream picks up quick its 2 half chamberd so use 65 mm not 70

Lets see some photos then.

thing is with my rfd i know i can get another money gun a better money gun cuase i swaped a franchi semi and a sarasketa for the webley ( in the know kinda thing) and say i get 1400 and spend only 600 ill have 700 ish back and for that i know a very nice charles ozbourne ( think that show you spell it )

thing is with my rfd i know i can get another money gun a better money gun cuase i swaped a franchi semi and a sarasketa for the webley ( in the know kinda thing) and say i get 1400 and spend only 600 ill have 700 ish back and for that i know a very nice charles ozbourne ( think that show you spell it )

OK, plan B. Beg, borrow, steal or sell body to raise £1300 - £600 for rifle and & 700 for Chas Osbourne. If it's as good as you say, sell Chas Osbourne for £1300 (+?). Job done.

Cheers

well thats just silly now aint it lol... how much would you say its orth then

It's a well known and well regarded English make. A 12 bore boxlock ejector in fine condition should make about that figure. I'm sorry but I'm not too computor competent, so Google Chas Osbourne 12 bore shotgun. The 1st entry is a good condition non ejector for £875 I think it was.

Cheers