Another 50 on the laid wheat

Returned to field my dad shot 172 on sat laid wheat the birds where there but not in the numbers on sat.

I setup in the same place but after a short while I knew I was in the wrong place the wind had shifted a little.

So packed up and upto the top of the field it was 1830 hrs now with the grand sum of 2 birds that some changed and a good steady flow and finnished with 51 and lossed a few Merlin is passed his best at 13 to search for too long.

He had a nice dip to cool down afterwards.

Regards OTH

pigeonshootingjuly29th2010.jpg

floodsjuly2007more027.jpg

Edited by Over the hill

:good: Is laid wheast when it been flattenned by the wind and rain? :no:

usually its too much nitrogen causing too much growth and then it flattens, becoming rare as farmers take a lot more care about their inputs and grow shorter varieties, as its a proper pain in the rear end to combine the laid stuff

Phil roughly 3 box of 25 I was going to say I had shot many hundreds and spread them all about in the picture to make it look like 300 or so :rolleyes: .

But I choose the honest route .

Regards OTH

no 3 birds for one cart then, you could have made up a good story here and we might of believed it..........................

... or not.

hehe

usually its too much nitrogen causing too much growth and then it flattens, becoming rare as farmers take a lot more care about their inputs and grow shorter varieties, as its a proper pain in the rear end to combine the laid stuff

Thanks i thought so. A couple of years ago a really bad storm flattenned one of our barley fields....never had shooting like it before or since....got through 200 carts in 2 hours.....no idea what the final tally was as most of them fell into the barley.

Went back the next day and there were feathers as far as the eye could see.....charlie had a good night lol!!! :rolleyes: