waiting for the rape to come of

maglad

A friend and myself had a KX80 in our yoof,but the large frame model and is what got me intrested in crossers! For a small engine they cant half pull some decent power wheelies!!!

Fantastic fun which eventually led to me buying a Yamaha YZ250 a few years later for motox tracks like Elsworth,Chippenham etc.

Very nice, my grand kids ride moto x bikes and they love it, i only ever owned one moto x bike and it was a KTM 500 water cooled 2 stroke and it frightened the life out of me every time i rode the thing, but it was good fun.

A friend used to have a Honda CR500 and i'll be honest here,but it was frightenly fast.The acceleration was like nothing i've felt before and pushing all your weight forward was absolutely necessary to keep the front wheel down.My YZ250 was the pushing my abilities to the limit and the CR500 was just suicidal!

I used to have it's big big brother the KX 500 many moons ago, along with a few others.

It was great until you stopped and then you usually fell over as i couldnt quite reach the floor from up there.Also it was a bit like being on an out of control rollercoaster on lsd.(great fun)

I started on a yz 80 mental little bike then upgraded to the kx 250 ,lost count how many times I went over the handle bars when it kicked back on start up lol.As has been said get some form of protective gear, read "body armour" ,but he is gonna have serious fun on that

atb Jim