Fauxdegla.......

Nicky T

You're not wrong about the amount of cartridges he shoots; i think that Eley actually make him his own "Faux Enterprises" (or something like that) cartridge too :hmm:

He certainly seems to be intent on making a good go of things so best of luck to him ;)

Yeah he has his own company and he got the logo on a batch of Superbs i think it was!!

he is putting in a semi perminant compact layout and will be holding sporting shoots in the future but is concentrating on the trap layouts first from what i can gather with it being a trap ground.

from what he said he has big plans and could well be the type of person to see it through like chard said.

I wouldn't have thought he'd leave out ESP, though the registered ESP competitions held since February haven't exactly been a resounding success ;)

The most recent ESP comps have been some of the best layouts i've shot. As Mike is an ESP shooter i can't envisage him ditching them in favour of other disciplines; if anything they might become more rrgular once he's got the trap side of things to the standard he wants it.....:hmm:

Theres plenty that do the Both thou B, I think every time I've shot there at least two people of my squad has carried onto Catton and most of them haven't been to Catton before. There were 3 last time 2 the time before that...

Catton has the right idea by keeping comp open well into the afternoon.

I do hope they keep the ESP comps on there thou, Like Nicky said there interesting with the mixture of ESP and Trap, and I can't think of anything local that has a similar thing going on.

Edited by Ian E

I have only ever been to Llandegla twice, the first time was when I shot my first 100 straight DTL more than 4 years ago. I am looking forward to the renovation but I will need an excuse to travel up to north Wales more often! I hope he does some decent olympic trap layouts up there.

• 2 weeks later...

I shoot at Llandegla regularly, and although I've only been up once in the last few weeks due to work and holidays it's obvious that a great deal of effort has gone in since the new ownership. Good luck to him, without people like this that are prepared to put their money where their mouth is many of us would struggle to find decent venues to shoot at.