Permission Letter Wording

Breastman

Ok, so i'm trying to come up with a generic permission letter. Started one (wording below) but i don't really like the sound of it. I don't want it to sound like something you'd scribble on the back of a cig packet but i don't want it to sound like the land owner is signing his life away at the same time! :hmm:

What does your permission letter say?

Has anyone already come up with a generic template?

All help appreciated!! ;)

"I ________________________, of ______________________________________ being owner of the land shown red-edged on the attached Ordnance Survey extract, hereby authorise ______________________ to shoot ##all lawfully permitted avian and ground pest species. OR Pigeon/corvid/grey squirrel/fox/deer <Delete as appropriate>.##

This person shall have financial arrangements in place to meet any injury or claim (i.e. personal insurance), and have authority to shoot any/all of the above species granted upon their firearms certificate and/or shotgun certificate.

I accept no responsibility for this persons actions or conduct whilst using firearms upon the above land, and he/she should observe all relevant Firearms / Wildlife Acts and legislation whilst using their firearm(s) upon the land.

It is my understanding, and I have personally witnessed that, he/she possesses an ‘open’ certificate, and has authority to assess the land shown on the OS plan themselves.

Signed

Address;

Tel; "

???

Ever since coming on this forum i've HATED the search function as me and it clearly aren't compatible, i type in what seems to be the obvious and it comes back will all kinds of completely unrelated threads. :hmm:

Can i be cheeky enough to ask for either key words or if you have a thread hyper-link?? ;)

Cheers

Mark

That's something I've never bothered with, if ever the plod pull me up I just tell them I've got permission and ask them to contact the land owner, I allways drive through the farmyard before I start shooting and make sure the Farmer has seen me so he knows I'm there, if not I just give him a bell and let him know.

SHOOTING PERMISSION

I ............................request permission to shoot on the property named below,for the purposes of vermin control and confirm that i have full insurance cover for this purpose and that the owner will bare no responsibilty for me whilst carrying out this function.

My details are

name

address

phone

vechicle details

licences and insurance details presented to owner

RESTRICTIONS TO MY SHOOTING

Species permitted to shoot;rabbit,corvid,pigeon,hare,fox,muntjac.jay,magpie,game birds,squirrel,rat.....................

Access limitations; day/evening/weekday/weekend,latest finish to shooting......................................................

Guns permitted (licence pending);air rifle/shotgun/rimfire/centre fire

Additional shooter (accompanied); yes/no

Areas permitted; fields/tracks/around buildings,aresa to avoid........................................................................

Notice; call first/text/free access anytime

I..................................being the owner of the land mentioned do hereby give................................permission to shoot over said land for the purposes stated above,i bear the right to amend or end this agreement as i see fit.

OWNERS NAME

ADDRESS

CONTACT

Here's mine, you're welcome to adapt to suit your needs but I'd avoid adding too many self-imposed conditions (species you can shoot, times you can visit etc)

It's easy enough to amend and add those bits if a land-owner specifically requests it but I'd keep the standard one as plain and simple as possible.

Grant_of_permission_to_shoot1.doc

That's something I've never bothered with, if ever the plod pull me up I just tell them I've got permission and ask them to contact the land owner, I allways drive through the farmyard before I start shooting and make sure the Farmer has seen me so he knows I'm there, if not I just give him a bell and let him know.

I've always thought that too. Never bothered with pesky little notes!

:o

:welcomeani:

:no: